JUBILEE, HARTSFIELD WEDDING!!!

That's a lot of work to save a piece of junk cabinet. :) A better title for the thread might have been, "Jubilee saves Hartsfield".

What do you mean piece of junk? Do you mean a bad sounding cabinet? Do you mean a bad looking cabinet? Please be specific cause there is no question the JBL Hartsfield puts the jubilee to shame on looks. And if you do mean a bad sounding cabinet, do you speak that from experience because you have a heard a Hartsfield? Or do you just speak of ignorance because others have said that the bass cabinet is sub par? And i really hope you are just referring to the bass cabinet. Because if you are referring to the 375 compression driver, it kinda blows the k55 out of the water. So please be very specific in what you are calling junk.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you anticipate putting the Koustical lens on these to make them look like a Hartsfield or are you done with these? I myself don't see why anyone would do this to a pair of Jubilee even if they are only clones. I see that you are interested in selling them, what market do these fit in?

It would be like going to a car dealership and looking at a Cadilota. It has the ride of a Cadillac and the drive train from a Toyota Prius. Gas milage is great, going downhill, every now and again, depending on how steep the hill is you must get out and push. Going down the other side is a cinch, the motor doesn't create enough vacuum to operate the power breaks, 120+mpg.

For what its worth you have wonderful wood working skills, I'm trying to get an idea of why you would do this???

The acoustical lens is a bad idea. They are close enough. I like the looks of the Jubilee but the Hartsfield is a beautiful speaker and is a classic design. You gotta admit the Hartsfield is stunning. I think he did it because he could. Why do you climb a mountain because it is there and you can. The performance analogy doesn't work because the bass bin will work the same wether it is in the Hartsfield shell or not. That is if it is designed properly. Another reason he may have done this is that he is a clinically insane wood worker. What next?

Do you anticipate putting the Koustical lens on these to make them look like a Hartsfield or are you done with these? I myself don't see why anyone would do this to a pair of Jubilee even if they are only clones. I see that you are interested in selling them, what market do these fit in?

It would be like going to a car dealership and looking at a Cadilota. It has the ride of a Cadillac and the drive train from a Toyota Prius. Gas milage is great, going downhill, every now and again, depending on how steep the hill is you must get out and push. Going down the other side is a cinch, the motor doesn't create enough vacuum to operate the power breaks, 120+mpg.

For what its worth you have wonderful wood working skills, I'm trying to get an idea of why you would do this???

If i wanted a Hartsfield that sounded like a Hartsfield i would have built a real hartsfield. I do have the plans. Why do people change out their midrange horns on the khorn. cause that metal horn is not as good as the upgrade. So there i changed the bass cabinet and i changed that metal serpantine horn. The only metal horn that i like and would ever own again is that altec horn. and even it sometimes is a little metally. I am missing your question. "do this to a pair of jubilee even if they are clones." The jubilee sucks on appearance. The jubilee and the big horn are an eyesore. The hartsfield is not. So there i just took my jubilee clones and made them look like a hartsfield. As far as a market goes, depending on what midrange you put on, this will probably be the best full range speaker you will ever hear. That might be the worst comparison i have ever heard. I took a great sounding cabinet and made her look great.

And whatever market it may be has already sold a set. Im either gonna keep the rosewood cabinets for me or build me another set with some other exotic veneer and that might be all build. i don't know.

The acoustical lens is a bad idea. They are close enough. I like the looks of the Jubilee but the Hartsfield is a beautiful speaker and is a classic design. You gotta admit the Hartsfield is stunning. I think he did it because he could. Why do you climb a mountain because it is there and you can. The performance analogy doesn't work because the bass bin will work the same wether it is in the Hartsfield shell or not. That is if it is designed properly. Another reason he may have done this is that he is a clinically insane wood worker. What next?

Seti... honestly if the stock metal serpantine was cheaper, i might have used it. but everyone wants a 1000 dollars for a pair. They don't even sound that good. It does look different with that wood horn. And i have another idea i'm working on to make it ever a little cooler. I built it cause i do like the look of the hartsfield. I will never ever get away from the jubilee bass cabinet. it rocks!!! I have built a custom top for the jubilee and even sold em... setting side by side i like the hartsfield look, jubilee sound. So i created the best from each.

For cryin' out loud, I was kidding.

See, you are such a well-respected member of this community, people are not sure when you are joking.....or not...Stick out tongue

Carl.

Maybe so, but I have no respect for Dean whatsover and I still knew he was joking.

[;)] He He, ya know I luv ya Deano!

Where are you located? Shipping might be high to me and back to u.

I would never ship but I can drop off and pick up. I'm in Little Rock but have a brother in Tulsa who would be willing to help. It may be a little bit before I am ready but wanted to get a ballpark figure. Cane grills and teak veneer would look beautiful.