Juicy Music Blueberry, What is Gain ?

davis419b

The good news is that you can get a nice set for around 2 grand or sometimes even less which makes no sense considering the product.

Now the bad news- they are semi- hard to find. They sell immediately when offered. I put a WTB ad on the forum 60 dyas before I was going to have the cash from a comission check. I got a hit from a forum member who wanted a new set with more bells and whistles. People on this forum ane EXTREMELY GOOD about helping other members find stuff. In my year long off and on search for a used example I saw a total of 4 for sale. Some were package deals requiring the purchase of other components whid did not work because I - like you already had a JM pre.

My advice- run a want ad on the forum- be prepared to pay at the top of the used price range- around 2 grand for a minty unit. There is somebody out that wants a new or different AMP that will be willing to sell. There are very few dirtbags here so your risk factor is low. I have never had a bad expierence with a seller in 10k of purchases on the garage.. You could also contact Craig directly to see about a new pair- a little over 3k the last time I looked. There may be a Klipsch forum discount.

The VRD was built specifically for the klipsch heritage speaker line. You already got the preamp for it. You could hold out for a set of P cats but the chances of finding a set is somewhere between slim and none

Winchester21, Thanks alot for your advice. I will definately post a want ad. The tech who let me demo his Tsakiridis monoblocks pictured in the link at the beginning of this thread has finally agreed to shoot me a price on his. This does not mean that I will not buy Craigs VRD,s it just means I will be more enlightened by tubes by the time that I find some VRD monoblocks. If you have looked at this thread you have seen I am not afraid to own multiple pieces of gear at the same time. http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/135036.aspx We will see what happens.

Don

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tech who let me demo his Tsakiridis monoblocks...

You shouold contact MaxG on the forums. I haven't heard from him in awhile, but he lives in Greece and is familiar with those amps (if I remember correctly). He could also give you the lowdown on them.

Bruce

The tech who let me demo his Tsakiridis monoblocks...

You shouold contact MaxG on the forums. I haven't heard from him in awhile, but he lives in Greece and is familiar with those amps (if I remember correctly). He could also give you the lowdown on them.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce, After listening to them I started looking to buy and googled them. I contacted Max after reading an old thread from 2004. He was really surprised knowing how old the thread was. He couldnt help me other than tell me to try ebay. I even looked through Craigslist in Greece and there wasnt even any ss gear for sale. ( strange ! ) Gary Dodd (Dodd Audio) only lives 20 minutes from me and from what I read he builds nice tube amps and preamps which I have listened to at his house. But the key was listening to this stuff on my khorns and just not believing how what I thought was the best sounding speakers I had ever heard just sounded atleast twice as good. Thats a big jump for me. I see alot of members that have VRD amps so I feel pretty comfortable that they will sound fantastic and I would be very happy with them if I can find any.

I see alot of members that have VRD amps so I feel pretty comfortable that they will sound fantastic and I would be very happy with them if I can find any.

Help a po' boy out and buy NEW at the forum discount.

I see alot of members that have VRD amps so I feel pretty comfortable that they will sound fantastic and I would be very happy with them if I can find any.

Help a po' boy out and buy NEW at the forum discount.

If I can make up my mind to sell some of my SS collection I might can make that happen. I really only listen to about 20% of it right now anyway. I just had a Fisher 400 restored that i bought from a forum member. I cant to get it back and see what it sounds like but it is not for my main system

If I can make up my mind to sell some of my SS collection I might can make that happen

Ok, it ain't my stuff we're talking about BUT after listening to several make/models of SS on my system (and for a very short time on KHorns in a most inappropriate room), here's my way of spending your money.

Order the VRDs custom matched to your system, list the extra stuff for sell and with stereo gods smiling the sell and build completion will be simultaneous. You do need to check with the builder to see how long he queue is these days.

I may be coming thru to visit my Mom up near Texarkana about 3rd week of June. Would you like to host the VRD stereo model for a few days while I am in the area? Not the monobloc but would give you a "feel".

If I can make up my mind to sell some of my SS collection I might can make that happen

Ok, it ain't my stuff we're talking about BUT after listening to several make/models of SS on my system (and for a very short time on KHorns in a most inappropriate room), here's my way of spending your money.

Order the VRDs custom matched to your system, list the extra stuff for sell and with stereo gods smiling the sell and build completion will be simultaneous. You do need to check with the builder to see how long he queue is these days.

I may be coming thru to visit my Mom up near Texarkana about 3rd week of June. Would you like to host the VRD stereo model for a few days while I am in the area? Not the monobloc but would give you a "feel".

Wow !! That would be fantastic. When I demoed the monoblocks I had them for 2 days during the week so I took off work for 2 days just to make the best of it. What amazed me the most is that on ss I really only liked a couple of songs on each cd. The tubes made every song sound great !

Wow !! That would be fantastic. When I demoed the monoblocks I had them for 2 days during the week so I took off work for 2 days just to make the best of it. What amazed me the most is that on ss I really only liked a couple of songs on each cd. The tubes made every song sound great !

Ok, done deal if we make it thru. Currently attempting to coordinate the son's Scout Camp, swim lessons, etc etc to match my sister from Oregon visit. If it works I will travel the I-35/30 route instead of the E Texas back roads and drop it off. We may need to stop off in Waxahacie anyway for a niece visit.

Sorry Davis- Forget everything[ I said about the VRDs over the P cats. After looking at the link- I think you need both of them.I thought I was an audiosick individual but you have me beat by miles Yes

Winchester21, Its not that bad, I have only been into this new hobby for 2 1/2 years. What I really worry about is if I am going to have room enough to still put a bed in 10 years.

Ok, done deal if we make it thru. Currently attempting to coordinate the son's Scout Camp, swim lessons, etc etc to match my sister from Oregon visit. If it works I will travel the I-35/30 route instead of the E Texas back roads and drop it off. We may need to stop off in Waxahacie anyway for a niece visit.

At this point looking like a trip up around 19-20 back 24-25 June plus or minus. All up to the BOSS of this here establishment.

Would you like to host the VRD stereo model for a few days while I am in the area? Not the monobloc but would give you a "feel".

Don't hurt your back putting that into the car. [:|]

Bruce

I
n the land of tweaking audiophiles, there is a
little
niche marketer, who is slowly building an avid following from some of
the most
golden ears you will ever meet. On Grizzly Bluff Road in the California
Redwoods, five hours away from San
Francisco, Mark Deneen ("DEN-EEN") makes sweet sounding tube amplifiers
that
have the odd but memorable names of Blueberry, Peach and now, Merlin.
After
spending about a year doing the development of his initial BlueBerry
tube preamplifier,
Deneen is shipping products for over 2 years. Many a die-hard tube lover
graduates to his preamplifiers, never to move on again.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1206/juicymusic_merlin.htm

In the land of tweaking audiophiles, there is a little niche marketer, who is slowly building an avid following from some of the most golden ears you will ever meet. On Grizzly Bluff Road in the California Redwoods, five hours away from San Francisco, Mark Deneen ("DEN-EEN") makes sweet sounding tube amplifiers that have the odd but memorable names of Blueberry, Peach and now, Merlin. After spending about a year doing the development of his initial BlueBerry tube preamplifier, Deneen is shipping products for over 2 years. Many a die-hard tube lover graduates to his preamplifiers, never to move on again.

Very nice review on the Merlin ! Wish I could read a similar review on the Blueberry MkII just for some more info as I didnt get any paperwok with the preamp. Are you A.Colin Flood

In the land of tweaking audiophiles, there is a little niche marketer, who is slowly building an avid following from some of the most golden ears you will ever meet. On Grizzly Bluff Road in the California Redwoods, five hours away from San Francisco, Mark Deneen ("DEN-EEN") makes sweet sounding tube amplifiers that have the odd but memorable names of Blueberry, Peach and now, Merlin. After spending about a year doing the development of his initial BlueBerry tube preamplifier, Deneen is shipping products for over 2 years. Many a die-hard tube lover graduates to his preamplifiers, never to move on again.

Very nice review on the Merlin ! Wish I could read a similar review on the Blueberry MkII just for some more info as I didnt get any paperwok with the preamp. Are you A.Colin Flood

I went to pick up the Fisher 400 today, after having it restored , at my techs and decided to take the Blueberry with me. He has the tube amps that I demoed so it was a chance to listen to the BB. First thing he did is take it to his bench and hook it up to his equipment to test it. He was very, very, very impressed and couldnt wait to hear it. He was so amazed by the sound that he wanted me to leave it with him for awhile and I did. I want to give Mike (USNRET) a special thanks for telling me not to hesitate and just buy it and I am happy that I did. I can not wait to hear it on Mike,s VRD equipment.

Don