klipsch or jbl for music

dear all

Hi there ! OF my brief experiences with JBL L100s And L80 T , and klipsch chorus II . I have been wondering ,which is the way to go , for me . I listen to various genre. But I usually have my cd rack filled with yanni's cds and vangelis and pink floyd . I like buddha bar mellow bassy songs . I carry cds of rock bands like survivor vital signs, and Eagles and beejees . My personal favourites being the following songs: The Voice,by roxette. Sorrow, pink floyd. High hopes,pink floyd. Nostalgia, by yanni. Last of the mohicans ,kiss , by vangelis . Forgotten ,by joe satriani. I like micheal jacksons human nature , u rock my world , who is it , and we are the world. I like the bass guitar played in any music/song. It just brings out that life outa music that I love to hear !!! Are there any buddies out here who would pick one over the other speaker. I love to crank up too. Enjoy concert levels in my room.and hate distorting speakers . I love music played clean and crystal through speakers that have power to show and have hunger for more to go through em. Speakers that blow you off the couch,and deliver detail with every bit of clarity ,the cd has to offer . Can u suggest from among these . I love to keep klipsch . But somehow jbl does attract when it comes to bass . What do u say ?

Haven't listend to JBL in years, but used to encounter them as monitors regularly. The "classic" ones had what we used to call "the California sound," a bright midrange. They were OK, but that wasn't my style and still isn't.

Dave

Dr. Sherry - What Dave says is correct. The L100 / 4311 series can be set flat on the monitors, but generally have a slightly raised midrange. Either you like it or you don't. They are totally direct radiators, and as such, for most people, don't display dynamics as cleanly or quickly as fully horn loaded or mostly horn loaded speakers will.

Although I still appreciate my JBL 4311s (studio version of the L100), my Heresy speakers from Klipsch just blow them away for clean, clear dynamic sound. Yes, the JBLs are a little better in the bass department, but I am glad to give it up compared to the rest of the sound.

btw, the LE5 midrange on the JBLs tends to break up and distort fairly quickly if you crank them much. Not something I like a lot, but then I don't play most of my music very loud. Unless the LaScalas are struttin' their stuff.

Bruce

"The L100 / 4311 series can be set flat on the monitors, but generally have a slightly raised midrange. Either you like it or you don't. "

They sound better and measure dead flat when you set the midrange control to about -3dB, or about 9:o'clock.

Maybe the answers would be different on a JBL forum....but I am not here because I prefer JBL. You might find the crowd here leans a tad toward klipsch.

Yes, strange as it seems, I've noticed that as well.

Seriously, once you find your Klipsch of choice...K'horns for me...speaker envy or lust is over. Everything else remains subject to change, but I am done with speakers.

Dave

Forte's were my "Klipsch of choice" many years ago (and I still own them), but I lust for K-Horns since hearing how even more live, robust, and accurate they are a few years ago. It's a question of affordability and lack of placement, sadly.

But yes, I have to agree that other speakers I have listened to, even on the higher end, are lacking to my ears...