Holy Crap! I Just Scored!!!!!

Ironsave

Way to go in the pickup but sorry to hear about the problem you are having with the future wife. You both can stop by my place and have a look and listen at my 4 set-ups. From the RF-83's to the (2) Cornwall, and the Heresy, the Cornwalls and Heresy are set-up for 2-channel.

It's really great that my gf is really good about all my hobbies, this one in particular. A speaker purchase goes something like this.

Me: guess what I found...

GF: Let me guess another set of speakers...

Me: How did you know?

GF: Cause that's all I expect from you.

Me: Now that's funny but not true at all...

GF: So when and where are you going and who is going with you?

Me: I haven't figured it out yet but you can always go if you want....

She even when with me to the last Klipsch pilgrimage in Indy 2 years ago and really enjoyed it...

James

PS if you need to hide those Heresy for awhile I'll be happy to help you... [:P]

Well to be fair.... She has been pretty tolerant....... and pretty supportive overall.......

I have the KG 5.2s, a set of KG 3s, a set of KG 1.5s plus everything in my siggy.

We live in a 900 square foot apartment.

Our coversations are quite similar:

Mw: Guess what?

Her: Let me guess.... you found another deal on speakers.

Me: How'd you guess? :)

Her: So when and whjere?

Me: (Answer depending on when and where)

Her: You know you have enough speakers.

Me: Yeah, but it's a great deal......

My FW (future wife) is overall very supportive as well.....

James.... would LOVE to hear your set ups.

Thanks!

Holy Score! I just crapped!

James.... I am busy with work; for the next month or so...... but perhaps we can meet after that.....

You would be helping me expand my knowledge and furthering my speaker education; much appreciated!

(Let me know what type of beversge to bring; etc.... the least I can do :) )

Nuggets.... I love you bro! Holy score! I just crapped! LMAO.

I love this thread, I'm in the same situation as you are. I recently got some la scala's and they really are a huge a$$ speaker.

As fini said, the longer you are married the more speakers you will be able to sneak in.

Keep them both, if need be store a set somewhere, I spent all day cleaning the garage as I'm sure something will end up in there, I don't know what yet. I've got everything in my sig hooked up in the same room. After a couple of days the wife almost forgets the speakers are still there, she's use to me getting "great deals" on big ugly speakers, that some how end up in the living room.

Use the KGs for surrounds. I had KG 3.5s for surrounds for a while and they worked great. They'd be a huge upgrade over any of your current surrounds.

The problem with that is these are HUGE. They are the same as Heresies stacked on top of each other..... They are either mains..... or gone.... :(

Trying to convince the love of my life that they are worthy competitors to the Heresies and then I could try for a 2 channel system in the bedroom or back room...... Wondering how the BASH amp on my promedia 2.1s would do powering my beloved Heresies...... Hmm

I already just got a set of KG 3s about a week ago; these are a serious refinish project though.... but the price was good.... So.... yeah; she kind of has a point......

Ironsave,

This will probably piss you off, but I don't pull punches or tiptoe arround ANYTHING!!

Where is your backbone??

You are not even married yet!!

If you hand her your balls now, you will never get them back PERIOD!!

The only thing you should have a say in about things she wants is if the expense will affect your retirenment or providing for your family and kids future, and the same should be true for her.

Do you throw a fuss about the things she wants??

Ask her how she would feel if you started getting invassive about the things she likes might be too girly.

We as men, usually don't do that sort of thing because we just do not care, but make it totally clear from the start, where she needs to choose her battles, and get off your dead butt and start telling her things you want changed about the wedding etc.

She is out of bounds on this, and YOU are allowing it.

Believe me, your speakers are absolutely tiny compared to what I have. Think my wife likes it?? Heii no, mine are industrial Klipsch Pro in flat black with pebble sprayed rough texture, not some pretty wood veneer.

It's your life, you have to choose YOUR own battles. What is fair is what is fair. Do you impose your descissions on things SHE likes in a way similar to what she is doing now??

If you want to live like that, it is YOUR choice, but I will never have any respect for you...

Roger

I love this thread, I'm in the same situation as you are. I recently got some la scala's and they really are a huge a$$ speaker.

As fini said, the longer you are married the more speakers you will be able to sneak in.

Keep them both, if need be store a set somewhere, I spent all day cleaning the garage as I'm sure something will end up in there, I don't know what yet. I've got everything in my sig hooked up in the same room. After a couple of days the wife almost forgets the speakers are still there, she's use to me getting "great deals" on big ugly speakers, that some how end up in the living room.

La Scalas used to be huge, then Klipshorns used to be Huge, that was a while back.

Did you realize that the 402 horn sitting on top of a Jubilee is larger than a La Scala on it's side?

Presently KP-600 or MCMs with KPT-684 backup are huge.

As Colter said; "Huge is relative"

Roger

Several forum members have commented on the same thing at different times. The apparent concensus is that women come and go, but Klipsch speakers will hang with you regardless. I have a pair of Cornscalsas, a pair of KP3002's and a Gallien Krueger ported sub cabinet loaded with an Eminence 15" Driver and two pair of Heresys and an Eminence titanium-domed driver hung on the back of a Selenium wide-dispersion 700Hz horn for a mains center channel in my living room(24 drivers in all) and they are hardly noticeable at all, practically invisible. Just get two more, one for front and one for rear center channel duty, and a hefty sub, and you'll be set...fact is, you've barely begun....

Speakers never go through menapause or get a headache. So obviously keep the speakers. 86 any woman who may suggest the alien concept of too many - or too big- speakers. Don't dare sell them. Sell the smaller ones in your profile and buy K horns or Lascalas[6]

Ironsave,

This will probably piss you off, but I don't pull punches or tiptoe arround ANYTHING!!

Where is your backbone??

You are not even married yet!!

If you hand her your balls now, you will never get them back PERIOD!!

The only thing you should have a say in about things she wants is if the expense will affect your retirenment or providing for your family and kids future, and the same should be true for her.

Do you throw a fuss about the things she wants??

Ask her how she would feel if you started getting invassive about the things she likes might be too girly.

We as men, usually don't do that sort of thing because we just do not care, but make it totally clear from the start, where she needs to choose her battles, and get off your dead butt and start telling her things you want changed about the wedding etc.

She is out of bounds on this, and YOU are allowing it.

Believe me, your speakers are absolutely tiny compared to what I have. Think my wife likes it?? Heii no, mine are industrial Klipsch Pro in flat black with pebble sprayed rough texture, not some pretty wood veneer.

It's your life, you have to choose YOUR own battles. What is fair is what is fair. Do you impose your descissions on things SHE likes in a way similar to what she is doing now??

If you want to live like that, it is YOUR choice, but I will never have any respect for you...

Roger

Roger, point taken....

First and foremost.... my balls are intact, and belong to me.

I began this madness with a set of Promedia 2.1s about 6 years ago; then reaffirmed about 16 months ago (2nd set for the living room PC, began watching movies on the TV connected to the computer video card)

We (FW and I) have lived together almost 3 years. Married or not; it is the SAME. (Already been divorced).

Since November, I have purchased my Heresies, a set of KG 2.5s, a 5 channel setup (KG 1.5s, 2.5s and 1 KV3), a "free"kenwood setup 5.1 including receiver, yet another set of KG 1.5s, a set of KG 3s, a set of SS3s, an Onkyo receiver, various computer upgrades related to sound, a KSW10 and now the KG 5.2s. I was curious; wanted to experience these first hand.....

I also have my Warwick Vampyre 5 string bass guitar, and my Trace Elliot 715X combo (15 inch 250 w amp).... All of this in a tiny apartment.....

I am shaking the walls pretty much daily for some amount of time.........

YEP... She has been very tolerant indeed...... In fact, she is on the bandwagon.... She loves music like never before; and I know the movies get her because she jumps and flips around with every sudden noise; suspenseful moment; etc..... Thank you PWK.

My 5.2s will probably stay, but we need to see where we are moving to first. We agree together that the Heresies still own overall; and they will NEVER leave. My FW has been supportive; and I have been able to fund purchases through various deals. I do not rip anyone off; but I have been able to break even and experience some of the best of the KG line.

I apologize; I was not trying to be misleading; My FW has been supportive; but there have been times where more speakers can piss her off; just like I feel when I say "aren't 20 pairs of shoes enough?"...... We always find a way to work it out without "it's my way or the highway".....

Because these speakers are the biggest she has ever seen; it was a tough sell......

Thanks to my beloved kitty; I now will be replacing surrounds; so selling them is not an option today......

I will keep them and enjoy them for at least awhile; not because I forced the issue, but because she agreed we would try them.

She is my FW for a reason; we get along; we learn from each other, and we get to make up after a spat.... to me; thats one of my favorite things!

Am I less of a man? With all due respect; I think I am more of a man. WE have strength as a couple, and that is high on my priority list........ I love my music and I love HER.... Coexisting is possible and pain free so what is wrong with doing so?

She is my FW for a reason; we get along; we learn from each other, and we get to make up after a spat.... to me; thats one of my favorite things!

Am I less of a man? With all due respect; I think I am more of a man. WE have strength as a couple, and that is high on my priority list........ I love my music and I love HER.... Coexisting is possible and pain free so what is wrong with doing so?

If it weren't like that, you would just be room mates... [Y]

If it weren't like that, you would just be room mates... Yes

that's true. when my wife complained that my khorns were too big, i had her stand next to one and said, "There...now it doesn't look so big." And then the real fight began....[;)]