Watched The Book of Eli Tonight: JB SPOILER ALERT

Youthman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I invited 5 friends over tonight to watch The Book of Eli. None had seen it before. They all loved the movie but I wanted to share how cool it was to watch it the second time knowing the plot twist. There are soooooooo many subtleties that you don't pick up the first time. They did an excellent job putting this movie together. [Y][Y]

i completely agree, watching it for the second time was a whole different experience. I was so proud of my dad, you see, he is seaming allergic to sound, but i had this movie shaking the house, and not once did he tell me to turn it down. That must say something about the movie...

I invited 3 friends over tonight to watch The Book of Eli. Wow! I loved it. Fantastic action, solid LFE, gun shots and explosions sounded amazing, great story line, a sweet plot twist and once again, the Klipsch performed amazingly.

EDIT: Just giving you a head's up, this thread was not intended to be a spoiler for the movie but some have taken liberties to do just that. Watch the movie before you read this post. Almost everyone agrees it's a great movie.

Youth,

THANKS for the consideration and the heads up!!! I picked this up last night at block buster, but had 2 many movies with all the stuff the kids wanted 2 watch, so figgured I would get it next time. I was very interested 2 read this thread, so thanks for the warning, and I will read it after I watch the flick!!!!

Roger

• Moderators

Roger, let us know what you think after you have a chance to watch it. It's definitely violent and quite a bit of language so if you have children, you might want to let them watch a kids movie in their room while you watch Eli. [;)]

But seriously who goes into a home theater forum and posts complete spoilers for movies?!!?!?!

Maybe the same reason that a movie is talked about the the Home Theater section, which should be for questions about Home Theaters and setup. The same reason that there is a Music and Movie section that already had a thread about the movie.

I love how everyone is crying about spoiling the movie for them, now that's funny...

James

But seriously who goes into a home theater forum and posts complete spoilers for movies?!!?!?!

Maybe the same reason that a movie is talked about the the Home Theater section, which should be for questions about Home Theaters and setup. The same reason that there is a Music and Movie section that already had a thread about the movie.

I love how everyone is crying about spoiling the movie for them, now that's funny...

James

All he had to do was put a spoiler alert in the post. Why would that be so hard? Why are you being an *** about it anyway, its a movie that just came out why would you spoil it for everyone anyway? I don't think I've seen anyone with this type of attitude on the board, why are you taking hits at people that justifiably should be upset when the guy posts the end of the movie, regardless of what section its posted in?

Why would that be so hard?

Don't know and don't care.....

Why are you being an *** about it anyway, its a movie that just came out why would you spoil it for everyone anyway?

Cause it was written and I wanted to speak about it...

I don't think I've seen anyone with this type of attitude on the board, why are you taking hits at people that justifiably should be upset when the guy posts the end of the movie, regardless of what section its posted in?

hahahahahaha, can you see from that high horse....

James

I'm just being honest James, this is usually a very helpful forum and I never see people take cracks at others like you did (and I guess I did in return). I don't understand why you felt compelled to come in here and tell everyone off for being upset that someone ruined a movie for lots of people. Is it really that hard to put a spoiler alert in your post? I just don't get it. Sorry if I behaved poorly towards you, but honestly I just don't understand your attitude. Why take up against people that are a bit peeved that he ruined the entire movie for them? I mean its ironic that you tell me I'm on a high horse when that's exactly what you're doing yourself. I'm not looking for a fight, I just don't get it...but obviously you could care less, I mean it's pretty evident in your post. So no worries. BTW don't think I've ever had a problem with you, in fact I think we got along quite well when I commented on how much I enjoyed Outkast and the song lyrics you have in your sig. So don't know where your beef is, but like I said no worries. You the man!

I don't understand why you felt compelled to come in here and tell everyone off for being upset that someone ruined a movie for lots of people

Were did I tell everyone off, just cause I thought it was funny people were crying about the comment? Really, if that's the worse thing in your life to cry over you are well off. So someone made a comment about the ending and didn't mention anything before hand, wow get over it....

BTW don't think I've ever had a problem with you

No problem with you either...

So don't know where your beef is, but like I said no worries. You the man!

You da man....

James

James - Just forget I said anything, you are equally blowing things WAY out of proportion. No one was crying, just a bit upset that someone ruined the movie when its pretty common etiquette to put a SPOILER ALERT in posts such as that. But like I said whatever, there's obviously no way to justfiy it to you, nor do you obviously care, so like I said no worries.

K seriously i dont see how this is even up for discussion. it is really rude to go into a ht forum (especially a tighter knit one such as klipsch) and post spoilers to new movies (especially that have big twists). If you dont think so then maybe you really dont love your HT as much as the rest of us. All is well though since JB changed his post and hopefully doesnt do this again

K seriously i dont see how this is even up for discussion. it is really rude to go into a ht forum (especially a tighter knit one such as klipsch) and post spoilers to new movies (especially that have big twists). If you dont think so then maybe you really dont love your HT as much as the rest of us. All is well though since JB changed his post and hopefully doesnt do this again

You're wasting breath, he doesn't even care as evident by his post. That was my original point, that I hadn't seen any types of posts like that on this forum, that I thought that type of banter was reserved for "other" forums. But he doesn't care, it doesn't matter to him, he thinks we're crying, etc...Just don't even sweat it, it doesn't even matter anymore. The damage was done for some of us, and like I said James just seems to think we are "crying" about it when common etiquette on forums such as these that deal with HT and as such, movies, music, etc.. would be to put a SPOILER ALERT in the post. The original poster seemed okay with it, but James doesn't. Maybe he doesn't feel the same way about this forum as the rest of us? I dunno, don't even care anymore. I'll eagerly await another post by him saying to get off my high horse, that I'm crying, etc...etc...