Upgrading my system center channel help!

Fresh123

HI

I am currently running RF 62, Rc 52, RF 61 bookshelfs as rears and a RW10D sub. I am upgrading my fronts to Rf82 and moving my RF62 for rears and putting in a second matching RW10D sub, so i need to do something with my center channel.

1. run two rc52

2. upgrade to rc62

3. upgrade to rc64

In the future I am planning to put my RB 61 in as rear surrounds and run 7.1.

Does anyone have experience running two center speakers? I was thing one above and below my tv

Thanks!

Fresh123,

Welcome to the forum.

No two center channels. I repeat, one center channel only. It as a center channel not center channels(plural). Get the best center you can afford. The RC-62 is great, the RC-64 is better.

Running two RW-10D's will work fine.

Bill

• Moderators

What is the issue with two center speakers? will it distort?

Has something to do with "combing". Not sure exactly what that is, think Michael Colter explained it one time. Possibly the cancellation of frequencies as the two waves meet.

I am a little worried i wont have the power to run the larger RC 64

As others have stated no need to worry about the power but you do have to worry about the SIZE. The RC-64 is a beast so you better make sure you have room or can get the room for it.

James

What is the issue with two center speakers? will it distort?

Has something to do with "combing". Not sure exactly what that is, think Michael Colter explained it one time. Possibly the cancellation of frequencies as the two waves meet.

A picture is sometimes worth a thousand words. The top image represents high and low pressures of a single-frequency sound wave emanating from a center speaker and the bottom one is the same single-frequency sound wave emanating from two speakers. When the two waves reach a given spot out of phase, they cancel out a bit, or a lot.

combfiltering_cc.png