show us your FORTES / CHORUS speakers

quadklipsh

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hey Buddy: have you considered buying a pair of Forte ll here and having just the drivers and networks shipped to you in a solid well packed cardboard box? Build up a solid set of cabinets where you are. Driver weight for a set of Forte ll would be around 45 lbs total in the box. If you really want this make it happen. Works for me. Best regards Moray James.

GOD i love the looks of these cabinets .and the way they say these speakers sound , always gets me goose bumps

Quad,

Sorry to add to your frustration, but I recently got to hear Big Cliffs Fortes downstairs and Chorus IIs upstairs.

All I can say is OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Definitely have the Heritage sound.... with tight; accurate bass.......

It gets even better. A Quarter uses the same mid and tweeter horn as the Forte ll the only difference is that a Quartet uses a single 10 " woofer and the Forte ll uses a single 12 " woofer/ The cost of a Quartet is generally much lower. For example there are a pair of Quartet; in Florida for sale at $275.00 the pair. The parts of a Quartet in a cardboard box weigh in at 37.5 lbs the pair and they will pack into about 1.5 cubic feet of space. Small and light enough to ship to where you are by Parcel post my guess $100.00 or less for shipping. The original owner can sell the empty cabinets with grills to someone who wants to upgrade their Heresy speakers for $50.00 each so everybody wins. You can build a set of cabinets 13" x 12.5" x 39" and you have the drivers at the exact right height. Estimate cost of the cabinets where you are $40.00 each or less. That's a good deal and it's affordable to do.Over time you can upgrade to the Titanium compression driver diaphragms and you then have a brand new set of speakers for a very reasonable cost. Just something to think about. Best regards Moray James.

I purchased my WO Forte' on 11/05/1988 at Naval Air Station Sigonella for $649.99.

They are now part of my HT system (12 x12 semi octagon room)

How long were you in Sigonella? I was there from Oct '88 - Aug '89. I even took a second job at the Sight & Sound. Might've even sold you those speakers, but I don't think I started working there until sometime after Christmas.

I have always believed that the Forte/Chorus line were the best bang for the buck in the Klipsch line factoring in real world considerations such as space, WAF, etc.

I have onwed my forte II new since early '92. I have modified, some would say to the point of "Bastardization", but all of my upgrades are reversable, and the titanium tweets and mids are simply outstanding.

Just to lazy to take a pic but 10/10 asthetics,etc. Clear oak finish.