What's For Supper

BLSamuel

• Moderators

Here's a good one that you will like!!!

I really appreciate the effort on this, Groom, but right off the bat I gotta say.... I. Hate. Cucumbers. I can't eat anything that remotely tastes like one. Weird, I know. I also have an aversion to everything will gills. Won't touch the stuff. Mostly I've been eating oatmeal, yogurt (with high protein), salad, fruit & veggies...boring stuff like that. It's really quite the lifestyle change for me. My body is in shock.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

-he tells his clients to give themselves one day a week to enjoy the foods that they love.

I've been told to do that too, but I find that just makes me crave them more. If I give them up completely, then the temptation is gone. I'm sure it works for something, though, but I'm an "all or nothing" kind of gal. [:)]

• Moderators

I didn't really expect any pictures, but you never know you will probably be feeling really good and who knows ? You know were a bunch of dogs around here, just COVER the EARS ! [&]

You are really doing it for yourself anyway, the toughest critic, Congratulations. [H]

• 1 month later...

A couple of weeks ago for the fist time. Worked so well we had it again a few days later.

Pumpkin pancakes with apple cider syrup. A bit overly sweet but very very good. Sausage patties on the side one time, bacon another.

Tonight it's chorizo quesadillas. A bit spicy for me. We must've had a milder chorizo the last time. Seconds (it's a tiny quesadilla not a 18 ounce restaurant model) will be cheese and lettuce taco with just a bit of chorizo. I hope we have lettuce that's fit to eat.

That's what I cooked tonight waffles or pancakes, there choice of shape, same mix, with fruit............I was being lazy.

I think I was the only one who didn't like it.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Desert time. My wife and daughter just returned with Pumpkin Pie Blizzards from the local Dairy Queen.

Pumpkin. That counts as vegetable right? I mean it's more like a squash than a fruit? Heck, I'm counting as both. So there food pyramid. And there's some dairy in there too. But for the 1/4 cup or so of sugar per cup of tasty goodness it'd almost be healthy? Maybe?

for the first time in many, many months--i ate dinner at home. A ham sandwich and a can of baked beans. Opening those cans of beans can be a bit tricky; and for some reason they don't show that very often on the food network. I must have done it right because they tasted pretty darned good.

BigStewMan:

Thats all you need now is a bunch of friends sitting around a campfire chompen down on those beans doin you know what.

JJK

i guess i didn't think that dinner through very well...it was a huge can of baked beans too--so let's just say, i better not stay in one place too long around the office today.

i guess i didn't think that dinner through very well...it was a huge can of baked beans too--so let's just say, i better not stay in one place too long around the office today.

One word Steve: Beano

We had a cube at work a few years ago called the Man Cube as it had 4 men. I was not one and probably don't regret htat as, uh, bean day , or Louie's for Bakes (baked hamburgers shaped like a hotdog in a secret chili dog type of sauce piled high with onions) or maybe mexican with refried beans, well it would get shall we, say sort of cloudy in the Man Cube and it was best to avoid. Next home to 3 women (there names) and Some Guy as clients more than once called in and said they had last talked to some guy as at that time they shared a help desk number. When I moved into one of those desks I htink they called it the looney bin. [:S]