Chicago Gathering - Friday October 8th, 2010 - 6pm

DrWho

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

Wow..... This is a very generous invite indeed.

Would love to hear your Chorus IIs!!!

I would be interested in bringing my sub; (when it was on sale; many were curious about it); but I doubt there is as much demand for this now.....

(Let me know)

I have my daughters this weekend; but I believe I may be able to pick them up on Saturday am.

So.... I'll get back to ya! [;)] Right now I would say 80% sure I can attend......

Really would love to meet you, and others ( Big cliff, Jason, Colter; if attending.... EVERYONE!).... [Y]

I should be able to make it...say.....aren't you suppose to be at my place this Friday?

Not sure I want to bring any speakers to your place, your Crowns will probably blow them out...

Email sent...

As far as the Crown's are concerned...I've never blown anything up in 18 years of doing sound reinforcement, and along the way I've had plenty of over-powered amps driving really small fragile stuff. Just outta curiosity, what were you thinking of bringing over?

I would be interested in bringing my sub; (when it was on sale; many were curious about it); but I doubt there is as much demand for this now.....

(Let me know)

I'm always up for listening to more gear...I wouldn't turn away your Emotiva Sub if you wanted to bring it.

Hope to see ya on Friday.

I was thinking my Harbeth NRG-1 bookshelves.... haven't seen these do Hi Fi duties for awhile. I could bring my Newform Research R645s but these are fragile beasts. The 45" ribbons weight 60 pounds each I believe,,,,,

OK, the small Harbeths, ... similar to the Spendor S3/5s... These are NOT the ones made in the UK.

What are the odds that Dream Theater will be played?

JB, if you are catching the next flight in from Pluto for this; I can burn a Dream Theater disc for you.

(Not exactly my cup of tea..... but for you? "TOP NOTCH!") Big Smile

I'd love to come to this, but on such short notice? Bit of a hike from Virginia to Chicago, though.

And if I was going to come, you know darn well that Dream Theater would get played, along with plenty of Aryeon and even throw some Nightwish in for good measure. [H][8]

Gee, sorry I can not make it. Though it would be great to see everyone.

I'm off that weekend on a two-city vacation. The first stop is SF to see my high school physics teacher who educated his classes in impedance and horns, and ripple tanks of wave mechanics. This was along the way to many other wonders.

The next stop is to family in Dallas who allowed me to build so many horns in the garage. And a wedding.

Next year?

Many thanks for your hospitality.

Wm McD

Mike,

If it's ok, I have two audio buddies that would like to attend. One is a Klipsch guy and the other is a JBL guy that has seen the light and is buying some Chorus ll's on Friday. The Klipsch guy can bring a Sansui G-8000 vintage receiver if there is any interest.

-Scott

Thanks for the invite. I have an appointment either Friday night or Saturday morning, and will know for sure by Wednesday. Never been to a Klipsch gathering of any kind, and would love to be there.

-Lyle

Hey Lyle, just make sure you bring some of your favorite music that you're familiar with...I think my favorite part of these gatherings is all the new music you can get exposed to. It's also fun to listen to other gear and having your own music really helps make that more meaningful. I hope we get to meet you.

And if I was going to come, you know darn well that Dream Theater would get played, along with plenty of Aryeon and even throw some Nightwish in for good measure. Cool

Oh come on man....who's gonna be our metal head purist to keep the song selection on track? It's just a short plane trip...I'll even have a ride waiting for you at O'Hare [;)]

Gee, sorry I can not make it. Though it would be great to see everyone.

I'm off that weekend on a two-city vacation. The first stop is SF to see my high school physics teacher who educated his classes in impedance and horns, and ripple tanks of wave mechanics. This was along the way to many other wonders.

The next stop is to family in Dallas who allowed me to build so many horns in the garage. And a wedding.

Next year?

Many thanks for your hospitality.

Wm McD

Aw bum, I was hoping you'd swing by. Hope you enjoy your vacation! Sounds like fun.

Btw, what's the status on those folded horns you built? Did you ever get a chance to measure them? They were a 15" Jubilee, no?

The Klipsch guy can bring a Sansui G-8000 vintage receiver if there is any interest.

That might be a good idea since we're planning to fire up some speakers upstairs and I'm sure the speakers we'll have will sound much better with the Sansui than my Denon AVR. Also, the only vintage receiver I've heard is the HK x30 series (we'll actually have a 430, 630 and 730 laying around too).

I'll get all you guys signed up....hopefully we'll confirm your JBL friend's conversion to Klipsch [;)]