After 4yrs of collecting dust, I'm finally using Chorus II's

vman71

I bought a pair of pristine oak Chorus II's for a good price back in 2006 and then proceeded to upgraded the xovers and they went unused because I was able to find a pair of KSP-S6's to serve as my surrounds. So, my poor upgraded CII's went unused for over 4yrs.

Now, they are my mains in my family room and get almost daily use. I'm loving what I'm hearing from them and am glad that I never let them go. I use them when I watch movies (in stereo) and with music (iPod -> tube preamp -> heavily custom modified ICE amps).

I'm one happy Klipsch fan! I still use my all Legend series speaker set-up for my dedicated HT. And the icing on the cake are my Frazier Monte Carlo D's for my bedroom set-up.

MAN, am I a happy camper!

• Like 1

They were majoring in Public Diplomacy - however the wife would not accept them into the family room or any other room for that matter, so they stayed in my Man Cave. They did serve me well in negotiations during the divorce, so there was some pay off for their education.

Now, in my home where there is no more wife to win over, they are king of the family room and there they will stay. Whoever the next lady suitor might be, will just have to accept it or she will find herself PNG.

• Like 1

Whoever the next lady suitor might be, will just have to accept it or she will find herself PNG.

I've got a pair of Magnepan MG-IIIs and high-power Carver gear in the garage/attic that were prenuptial. The only reason why they're not in the house is because they didn't survive the teenage son that came along later [:(] Maybe I can still get these fixed up (yet again--I've had them fixed twice before).

They stand out into the room at least 6 feet from the walls. My wife never really got used to them: she used to tie big ribbons and bows around the middle of each one at Christmas time to make them look like large Slo-Poke bars. [:)]

Chris

They were majoring in Public Diplomacy - however the wife would not accept them into the family room or any other room for that matter, so they stayed in my Man Cave. They did serve me well in negotiations during the divorce, so there was some pay off for their education.

Now, in my home where there is no more wife to win over, they are king of the family room and there they will stay. Whoever the next lady suitor might be, will just have to accept it or she will find herself PNG.

I am glad for you that you can now have your speakers where you want, but I am extremely sad for you as a man.

4 years and a divorce will not make you a man, you either have a pair or you don't!

You caved in before, you will cave in again. If you let one person walk on you ever, you are well on your way to becoming a door mat!

I can't stand guys who wont stand up to their female, or do the disaplin that it takes to be a good father, instead of the kids friend.

Liberal spineless she-males are entirely what has allowed most of the things in this country to go wrong.

for what it is worth, JMO.... Roger

I am glad for you that you can now have your speakers where you want, but I am extremely sad for you as a man.

4 years and a divorce will not make you a man, you either have a pair or you don't!

You caved in before, you will cave in again. If you let one person walk on you ever, you are well on your way to becoming a door mat!

I can't stand guys who wont stand up to their female, or do the disaplin that it takes to be a good father, instead of the kids friend.

Liberal spineless she-males are entirely what has allowed most of the things in this country to go wrong.

The social commentary you post and have posted is disturbing to me but to each his own.

Congrats Vman71.

The social commentary you post and have posted is disturbing to me but to each his own.

Congrats Vman71.

Winchester, where are you on this?

Seti, how so, I am not the only one here who feels this way.

He could say, "Oh I gave it up because I loved her", well comon sense would say that if she "loved" you as much, she wouldn't have asked in the first place as things you care about or like, should be just as important to her.

Look at Christy, Eldons wife, she loves speakers too, and I don't think she would ask Eldon to give up ANYthing he loved as long as it wasn't causing a finacial hardship.

If you are going to "love" anyone, you first have to respect them, and nobody respects someone they can control. I don't know the particulars in this case, but the divorce would point to that.

My speakers are WAY bigger, and WAY uglier then a pair of Chous IIs. You think my wife is in love with them? She hates them, but she has the kitchen, the dining room, the tudy and the bedrooms that she can decorate however she wants, me doing my thing is not selfish, it is less then fair as she controls over most of the house, and her trying to tell me that she wants me to get rid of something I like, because she doesn't, aint gonna fly!

As for being your kids friend instead of a parent, well, I think we all know what happened to Dr. Spocks son right? Isn't he the one who started that whole ball of crap about the childs psyche?

I could write at least 50 pages on why this whole aproach is wrong, and cause and effect.

I am glad that he is getting to use his speakers now, but where did giving in get him????? It NEVER should have happened in the first place!

JMO........ Roger