rf7II rc64II and rs62 II just arrived!!

bosng

and in da house. there was some damage to the box (rs62 II) hoping the speaker is safe otherwise i would have had to refuse the entire shipment. i just couldn't let the rf7 II's go back on the truck. Will at Audioholics said that he would work with me if there was any problem with that speaker. have to go back to work now. can't wait to get home tonight to open these babies up!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

opened up the fronts and center

there is a slight blemish on one of the fronts right along the edge. not sure what to think about it. you'd have to be within a foot of it to even see it but it is there.

the other speaker and the center are perfect as far as i can tell.

hooked them up with available wires. one flat wire on the left front, 12 guage on the center and a 16 guage on the front right. i didn't have the right lengths for the speakers in

still have to open up the surrounds but it's getting late. listened to a little music and playing with placement.

one thing about these speakers is they are big big big. lucky the fit the space i have but i'm beginning to wonder if they are a bit cramped by the lack of space in the room.

here's one thing that i noticed, at a low volume the speakers sound clear crisp open and dynamic. it's when i turn it up a bit that the balance of all those qualities get a bit mushed

together. don't want to really turn it loud till they are broken in and my judgement might be getting a bit fuzzy. will try more music in the morning.

just put in a blu ray (pontypool) which i thought had great sound and indeed it does. the balance between the fronts and center is very clear and crisp with plenty of bass.

the first thing i noticed is vocals with music sound very natural. much more than i'm used to hearing with the xf48's. i'm loving the way things sound so far.

a special note on the look of these speakers. from the photos online and the ones on amy's blog the color of the wood has a yellowish tint which i really like (the photos)

when i opened the boxes i was taken a bit back by the color of these cherry speakers. they basically are the same color as every other cherry wood you're used to seeing.

makes me a little bit disappointed about the color but in the end this speaker is still very nice looking. just don't expect the colors on the web photos to match the actual color.

so far one of my biggest wishes has come true which is to have a speaker that is clear and dynamic at low volumes for movies. a necessity for me since i live in an apartment and don't want to be waking the neighbors at 2am :)

all for now.

Congrats!

In an apartment? Oh my......

I don't know how fussy you are with your gear, but if my new speakers had a blem, i would return them. Problem is that returning just one would result in an mismatched pair (seq serial numbers). If you aren't overly fussy, and don't care about resale value, then keep them. Either way, it won't affect the sound. Another reason to try and purchase them from a local dealer when possible.

The listen demo I had with the RF7-II, they never sounded compressed

sounding when volume was turned up on the gear I heard them on, they

stayed crisp, clear, clean, dynamic, airy and spacious sounding, all

while staying detailed and revealing. They sounded wonderful! Maybe they need a little more run time.

The listen demo I had with the RF7-II, they never sounded compressed sounding when volume was turned up on the gear I heard them on, they stayed crisp, clear, clean, dynamic, airy and spacious sounding, all while staying detailed and revealing. They sounded wonderful! Maybe they need a little more run time.

Same here they actualy almost sounded better the more I turned them up during my Demo . Well my 7's have a arrived its time to un-box [:D]

Wow you definitely have self control.....and your apartment has to be a decent size. Because all of those speakers are monsters. But I'm worried. Once you spend some time with those speakers and find the sweet spot and perfect settings you will probably end up turning that volume up little by little. Especially if you put in that perfect action movie like Iron Man or Spiderman or War of the Worlds etc......maybe you can bribe your neighbors? [:P] Nonetheless congrats on your purchase. I look forward to hearing your impressions after you've spent some quality time with them.

The listen demo I had with the RF7-II, they never sounded compressed
sounding when volume was turned up on the gear I heard them on, they
stayed crisp, clear, clean, dynamic, airy and spacious sounding, all
while staying detailed and revealing. They sounded wonderful! Maybe they need a little more run time.

don't know if compressed is the right word. i'm thinking the space isn't big enough to let the speakers perform.

my room is about 12x15 speakers are placed on the short side. maybe when the volume is lower the sound doesn't bounce as much?

they don't sound bad when loud just not as contained (make sense?) pluse one wall is open into another room, opposite that wall are curtains and

a window and i just have lots of crap in that room. not the best environment for best sound (also hardwood floors) :)

Wow you definitely have self control.....and your apartment has to be a decent size. Because all of those speakers are monsters. But I'm worried. Once you spend some time with those speakers and find the sweet spot and perfect settings you will probably end up turning that volume up little by little. Especially if you put in that perfect action movie like Iron Man or Spiderman or War of the Worlds etc......maybe you can bribe your neighbors? Stick out tongue Nonetheless congrats on your purchase. I look forward to hearing your impressions after you've spent some quality time with them.

haha! self control...hmmmmm....my last apt had 2ft of concrete between floors and was perfect for home theater but the place was too small.

the new place is much bigger hence the need for beefier speakers (xf48's don't cut it, i admit i'm a bass junkie that can't get enough)

the rf7II's are much better, they sound solid in the bass dept even at low volumes, the bass is tight and overall the speakers are much more dynamic. hearing details in music and home theater that i didn't notice before. the experience is much more emotional.

mated to this setup is an svs sub that looks like a water heater :) i have to keep that baby down to keep from rocking the foundations. overkill? nahh i keep it down but there are times when i let loose (not at night) plus i just like to know the power is there whenever i'm in the mood.

will post pics soon and give more impressions as everything gets settled in.

Wow, the cherry color looks great!! The RF-7II demo I heard was black, wish I would seen the cherry in person, it's beautiful!

The Black sounds better though [:P] : ) j/k that cherry is beautiful !!! I love it wish I could of went with it but everything I have is piano black or ash black and it blends well but I sure was tempted with cherry and almost changed my mind at the last second lol but glad I didnt . But i'll tell you what that cherry sure looks beautiful with his HT [:D] Very nice man !!!

thanks for the compliments. i was a little sad that it wasn't the color of the photos (is that light cherry? didn't see that option when ordering)

but it still looks sweet :). when i saw the black one in your thread it made me jealous, but just for a moment :)

i do have lots of black furniture in the room so it isn't bad to break it up a bit.

loving these speakers!!!! can't crank it up as much as i wish. the neighbors have already noticed a difference. hehe

thanks for the compliments. i was a little sad that it wasn't the color of the photos (is that light cherry? didn't see that option when ordering) but it still looks sweet :). when i saw the black one in your thread it made me jealous, but just for a moment :) i do have lots of black furniture in the room so it isn't bad to break it up a bit. loving these speakers!!!! can't crank it up as much as i wish. the neighbors have already noticed a difference. hehe

I think the darker cherry like you have looks better and I think they call it medium cherry not light but I could be wrong but I could see why you'd want light cherry so it would match your floors better but as you mentioned its nice to break it up a little and have contrast. For me though i'd have a little to much contrast going on with dark cherry display stand, dark oak GIK elite acoustic panels on the back wall and pine coffee table, kitchen and end tables lol I'd have a rainbow of wood grain/shades going on . So I decided to match the front stage with all black its less distracting to me when viewing movies when its not completely dark in the room but thats just my personal preference. With that being said side by side the cherry is mouth watering drop dead gorgeous compared to the black or not but I love the black to so again with that being said I to admit when I saw your cherry I was jealous, but just for a moment ; ) But yes these RF7II's are performers arent they, they love jazz, rock and even country they played everything outstanding no matter what I threw at them . Tonight I watched parts of Avatar testing out my crossover points and switching from speaker settings from small to large. I still need more time to decide whitch I like better but normaly I always set my speakers to small and let my subs handle everything else and crossover at 80 but with these 4 10's and huge boxes I think it my be a crying shame to not let them flex there muscles but will see I need to test some more blurays to see and get the center as soon as it arrives at my local HT shop so I can test with the full front stage . Hopefully in a couple of weeks i'll have one . I cant beleive how good it sounded without a center it was amazing, I think we have some great speakers and solid performers regardless of the finish of choice ;) enjoy !!! I know I am !!!