Why Can't We Get This Cool Stuff?

willland

I belive We do,,,try the latest from McIntish.. And its made here..

The McIntosh's are nice and are made in good ole USA Yes, but how does that relate to this post?

Bill

Cause it's cool stuff ...?

so post some cool mcintosh gear. simply stating that it's good ol amuricun made electronics (cuz that's totally what we're known for?) has absolutely no relevance. welcome to the 21st century, btw.

No relevance ?? Where are you from ?? northern Mongolia ??? It looks cool ,,sounds cool,, Keeps its value.. That other crap wlll be forgotton next year.,, and so will you..

forgotten ..just like all of that sansui, sony, pioneer, kenwood gear from the 70's and 80's i still see floating around everywhere?

The point(and only point) of this thread was to point out that other foreign(Asian in this case) markets get some "cool gear" that are not available in the US. Case in point, and a different genre, the Subaru WRX STi.

"The STI was originally sold only in Japan. It was later made officially available in Oceania (Australia had it in 1999 with the STi Version V). In 2001, Europe received the STi with the change of the chassis. After seeing the Impreza WRX sell at much better levels than expected,[citation needed]Subaru began selling the STI in North America in the spring-summer of 2003 as a 2004 model."

Sorry that this thread sparked such a debate.[:o]

Bill

post-26822-13819634708578_thumb.jpg

This is common with global consumer goods companies. For example, Ford and GM sell different car models overseas. I'm sure you could cite some product examples that are sold in the same configuration world wide, but it is normal to tailor products to markets also.

This is common with global consumer goods companies. For example, Ford and GM sell different car models overseas. I'm sure you could cite some product examples that are sold in the same configuration world wide, but it is normal to tailor products to markets also.

Gnatnoop,

I understand all that. The question in point was meant to be rhetorical. I new the real answer but thought that respondents might cite some other "cool" examples like mine. Maybe I should have proposed the question, "anyone know of other cool examples?", then the thread might have gone in another direction.

Either way, have a super and safe new year.

Bill

Gnatnoop,

I understand all that. The question in point was meant to be rhetorical. I new the real answer but thought that respondents might cite some other "cool" examples like mine. Maybe I should have proposed the question, "anyone know of other cool examples?", then the thread might have gone in another direction.

Either way, have a super and safe new year.

Bill

oh, yeah, i didn't get that meaning. either a limitation of trying to communicate on forums or more than likely my personal lacuna.

HappyNewYear to you also!