The SEC Strikes Again

Don Richard

Auburn is now the BCS national champion, making this five in a row for the Super Excellent Conference. Oregon was impressive, a very fast team. LSU opens with Oregon next year, with the Mad Hatter Les Miles returning to LSU as coach. This one should be like a Bowl game in September. Congrats to Auburn, go SEC!

Auburn did beat 5 top 10 teams this year IIRC. So all TCU has to do is beat 5 top 10 teams next year for a championship chance. No wait, first they much SCHEDULE 5 top 10 teams. It is these weaker schedules that hurt the non auto qualifiers though, no doubt about it.

Nick Fairley, what a beast. Literally OWNED the Oregon offense. Chip Kelley called him the best player in college football.

Wink

I still want a playoff system somehow or at least a +1 which would have TCU vs. Auburn this weekend. How bout that idea?

Horned Frogs had a great year. No doubt about that and my hat's off to em too! Will there be many returning starters next year?

With Fairley going and probably Cam too (+ many other great players) I suspect Auburn will be out of the top rankings for next year.

Wink

I still want a playoff system somehow or at least a +1 which would have TCU vs. Auburn this weekend. How bout that idea?

Horned Frogs had a great year. No doubt about that and my hat's off to em too! Will there be many returning starters next year?

With Fairley going and probably Cam too (+ many other great players) I suspect Auburn will be out of the top rankings for next year.

Every other sport in Division I has a playoff, but big business and sponsors of bowls are keeping that from happening. There is way

more then enough time to do it, at least a 10 to 6 team playoff, with maybe a bye for the #1 and #2 teams. Just like everything else

in this country, BIG CORPORATIONS run us and everything else,

Probably close to half the team was seniors, and unlike many schools, most of them will graduate.

My best friend is a TCU alum.

He's a very successful attorney. His best tcu college buddy is an Aspen real estate developer. Both were dirt poor in college.

Once your on the scholarship you are no longer dirt poor.

Now the student loan one, I will buy that.

Both were on tennis scholarships. Don't know if that was full ride back then but they were certainly poor compared to their status today.[:P]
Hey i'm a true hog fan (and SEC); but after seeing TCU's campus and what they have built with Patterson; I respect them & wish them well in the Big East.