My RF-3 II home theater is finally complete! 1-20-11 Pictures Update

SuBXeRo

Yes, after many months of waiting, my RF-3 II home theater is finally complete. It has been a fun journey, i sourced my pieces all from seperate sellers and with the purchase of the RS-3 II's, my setup is complete! Everything is in great condition, only minor scuffs here and there on the veneer, not even worth talking about they are so small.

I tested out the RS-3 II's just in a L/R setup and dead on they sound great, still very clear, not muddy like i was expecting since the horns were off axis. When i positioned myself in the middle of the two speakers i found the sweet spot and it sounded fantastic there. The WDT was better than i thought it was going to be over all. I think as rears, they will do the job just great and are something that i can grow with and use in different places. No sub yet as in my apt, that would be cruel to the neighbors and when it comes time to purchase one i can see whats out there :)

I also rewired my L/C/R with emotiva wire and connection kits and i love it. Despite bringing physics into the convo, the wires look appropriately sized to power the RF-3 II's and are certainly sufficient to handle the power, i know that for sure. My old wire was fine, just didnt look as professional as i wanted. The banana plugs are great and sturdy and look awesome too. I did 15' runs for each of the front to ensure that the wires would reach, i didnt want to customize the lengths just because, well, the wire is eff'n nice and i didnt want to waste it :)

After doing the wiring and trying to organize the jungle behind my custom audiop pier, i booted everything up and guess what, this little staticy noise i had before is gone! Yes, its gone, it was very low, you could hear it sometimes in a dead silent room but now its definitly way better as it should be. I did move the shield emo ultra cables to the side between the cabinet and the wall to get it as far away from power wires as possible and they may have been the fix but i don't know to be honest. For all i know, the emo speaker wire was the fix too.

the long awaited pictars

Here is the before:

klipsch1-20-11picoriginal.JPG

Here are the newest

klipsch1-20-11pic1.JPG

klipsch1-20-11pic2.JPG

klipsch1-20-11pic3.JPGklipsch1-20-11pic3.JPG

klipsch1-20-11pic4.JPG

klipsch1-20-11pic5.JPG

klipsch1-20-11pic6.JPG

klipsch1-20-11pic7.JPG

klipsch1-20-11pic8.JPG

klipsch1-20-11pic9.JPG

klipsch1-20-11pic10.JPG

klipsch1-20-11pic11.JPG

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, after many months of waiting, my RF-3 II home theater is finally complete. It has been a fun journey, i sourced my pieces all from seperate sellers and with the purchase of the RS-3 II's, my setup is complete! Everything is in great condition, only minor scuffs here and there on the veneer, not even worth talking about they are so small.

SuBXeRo,

Congratulations, you have been a very patient man. No unnessessary "knee jerk" purchases for you. Isn't it great to have a rocking system that you didn't break the bank to get?

Enjoy. Photos asap.

Bill

wow, i definitly forgot to post picture ahahaha. Erm, they are still to come. On friday i removed my tv riser stand that i made to be stained and poly'd since it was just bare pine and didnt really match anything in the room. My tv is now on a green crate until its done. I stained it friday and will poly the next 3 days or so and have it good to go by the weeks end.

On another note, on how i said i had no hums/buzzing/static in my speakers, i spoke too effin soon. Here is the wierd part. My surrounds present no static,but my left has static and then my center has static but less than my center and my right has none at all. It is so amazingly bizzare i just cant get over it. Like wtf haha. rarble

ok, i have two cots of poly on the tv riser, i will either do 1 or 2 more, ill do pictures when its all complete :) I wanna make sure it all looks good and clean, i have older shots but none with the ladies naked and my christmas tree is still up, so those just wont do!

• Moderators

If you have no kids, pets, careless roommates, etc I'd leave the grills off. Reference look great with the grills off IMHO.

Indeed. I wish I could leave mine out naked all the time but my youngest is 4 and the neighbor kids are always over at the house. Guess I'll have to leave mine behind the false wall for protection.

5353815698_7f5288344e_z.jpg

i have 3 cats, not that they would do anything to the cones but i find the speakers distracting while watching tv since they are so shiney and just kool looking. Plus, you never ever know when there is going to be a mishap, i am certainly not in a position to have been wishing i had kept the grills on.