KPT684 Arrived today. Wife gonna Freak, its huge. LOL

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on your system design. If you are using a modern HT AV receiver, and utlilize the high pass filters for the main, and the LFE output.

If you have a 2 ch pre-amp, as well as other amps, you may need the EV DX-38 for summing the main channels to give you a sub output, as well as giving you a highpass for the main channels. There are many other methods to achieve similar results.

The XTI series have a high pass filter, low pass filter, parametric EQ's and delay available per channel.

Guest Anonymous

I currently have a Yamaha RX V2200 amp. It does have a Sub out(RCA jack). is that normal?

With my current sub, i just use the Left and Right direclty to the sub and the Sub/amp works out the rest.

So i think i could likely do this a couple ways.

run left and right into the EVDX38, sum them into a single channel, do some eqing, run that to the power amp and away i go.

or run the sub output to the EVDX38(to do some eqing) and then to the amp and speaker.

Could i run the Sub output direclty to the amp? seems kinda lame? i think i would need a crossover of some kind no?

Guest Anonymous

Well ideally, belles LR, la scala's and i am on the hunt for another set of la scala's.

If i buy a Crown XTI4000, will that do everything i need... x over, eqing, and amp?

Well ideally, belles LR, la scala's and i am on the hunt for another set of la scala's.

If i buy a Crown XTI4000, will that do everything i need... x over, eqing, and amp?

Are your woofers rated at 600 watts RMS each like on the web site, or does it say 450 watts each by your power strip like on mine.

Just curious... Roger

Guest Anonymous

8 ohms/woofer, and 400W/woofer.

thats what it says on my terminal strip.

Can you answer my question about the Crown XTI4000? is it a xover, eq and amp? all in one?

• Moderators

Can you answer my question about the Crown XTI4000? is it a xover, eq and amp? all in one?

Quoted from their pdf

The XTi Series of Crown® amplifi ers are professional tools designed and built for portable PA applications. The series includes four models which are similar except for output power: XTi 1000, 2000, 4000 and 6000. All are rugged and lightweight, and offer unmatched value in their class.

XTi-Series amplifiers feature an LCD screen with speaker presets for crossover frequencies, EQ, limiting, delay, and a subharmonic synthesizer. Other features include a switchmode universal power supply, useful function indicators, proportional-speed fan-assisted cooling, XLR inputs, Speakon® and binding-post outputs, short-circuit protection and more.

With their powerful, reliable performance, XTi-Series amps easily handle 2-ohm loads and are capable of chest-thumping lows. Plus, your investment in an XTi-Series amplifi er is backed by Crown’s Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty.

As long as you can provide a highpass for the Belles in your reciever or pre/pro, then yes...the XTi will provide all the processing and amplification you need for the subs.

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

BTW, i bought a Crown XTI 1000 and am using that. It is plenty enough to run this sub. I had to turn the XTI way down to get it to sound good in the system. This Sub has a huge presence if its turned up to much. It dont listen to music loud at all, and with Movies, this sub is awesome. I turn up the sub a little more with movies, over music.

I'd recommend it to anyone who has space. Now i need another one, one for each side, left, and right. Wife's gonna flip if i do that lol.

man...you are going to be in the dog house.....as a matter of fact....that 684 is going to be your dog house......you should have got a tuba sub in a nice living room table theme. :}

Guest Anonymous

I bought the Tuba plans, it looks like it could be a decent sub. the one PSG built looks and sounds like its working out well.

I just couldnt resist the dual 18's. Now that i have the grill on it, its looks so awesome.

I dropped off my old sub KTSW II 15. and two pairs of Heresey's, that should get me about $1500 i hope. Not sure what im going to get next, but i smell another delivery coming soon. I said this before but i love when new gear arrives in the mail.