KPT684 Arrived today. Wife gonna Freak, its huge. LOL

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I ordered a KPT684 Sub on January 26th. Thats when the charge hit my Visa card. So how long is it going to be for delivery to my door?

10 days? 14 days? 21 days? I currently have no idea, i have no tracking numbers yet, nothinng. Your guesses are as good as mine, maybe better.

Who can guess it?

post-2101-13819636148118_thumb.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how long is it going to be for delivery to my door?

10 days? 14 days? 21 days?

Are those our only choices?

What a gyp! [8o|]

Congrats on the purchase though [Y]. My brother in law just acquired two of them and near refuses to hook the second one up thinking the first one overpowers his (very large) room. I tried to tell him that the second one will even out the bass a bit but I'm not sure he's believing that.

By the way....have you ever actually SEEN one for real, outside of pictures here on the forum? I warned my brother in law that they're big.

He finally admitted last night that in spite of my warnings, in spite of seeing the pictures.... he still had no clue they would be as massive as they are.

Guest Anonymous

10 days? 14 days? 21 days?

Are those our only choices?

By the way....have you ever actually SEEN one for real, outside of pictures here on the forum? I warned my brother in law that they're big.

I am just looking for an estimated time is all, 28 days later?...

Nope never seen one, i think its going to be big...i told the wife its big...i measured the size on my parque flooring...Never seen one.

so how long?

Guest Anonymous

Is this for music with your Belles? Or for HT? It should be fantastic for music but 34 Hz isn't very low for movie LFE, is it?

Going to use it for both, My current THX Sub is only speced at 34, it does 30 and then drops like a stone, i tested it with a signal generator. I've been told that this guy will do 25Hz with minimal eq'ing. either way its one serious sub. i'm happy with it. [Y]

I'm hoping for less than 14 days....

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, it was a store, i saw it listed on kijiji. I called them, and it so happened that the guy was on his way to toronto the weekend after...was perfect.

It was actually 399+tax, but they had it on sale for 250....sweet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

On the back of the EVDX it has special type connectors, Round with Several pins.

Any idea where i can find these connectors and cables for my EVDX38?

Those are balanced or XLR connections. You can make your own (as I did....but let's not ask about me cross wiring one of them [:$]) or you can go to a place like Guitar Center (or another audio / music store) and buy premade XLR cables OR you can also get XLR/RCA adapters.

If you get the adapters, just make sure that you get the correct combo of male/female. I live 25 miles from my Guitar Center and drove all the way home to find I got the wrong style.....had to wait a day to fix my error.

Here's some XLR adapters at Guitar Center

http://www.guitarcenter.com/New-Gear.gc?internal=1&src=xlr+adapter&Search.x=45&Search.y=10

What is the software called that supports programming on the EV DX 38 again? someone told me but i cant seem to remember.

It's the RACE V3.10 program

Scroll down to bottom left section of this page

http://www.electrovoice.com/downloads.php

I would also urge you to learn to use the controls on the front of the Dx. It's (to me) actually easier to adjust. Then again, if you are always going to have a pc or laptop connected to the Dx via a serial cable, then maybe it won't matter.

I might add... I've come to understand there are some good XLR connectors out there and there are some nicer ones. Stick with Neutrik brand and I don't think you can go wrong. This isn't to say there are others that are not better.... but my understanding is Neutrik is well made.

I live on the west coast near Vancouver BC and have ordered about 35 different items over the years and had them shipped into Canada from the states. I can tell you the shipping time is heavily dependent upon our venerable customs services. Shortest time I ever got a package was in 4 days shipped from Texas. Longest was 26 days shipped from Oregon. Anything over 7 or 8 days always spent a long time getting cleared by customs.

Things I have learned.

1) Shipped by person seems to get here faster and be less likely to be charged taxes than shipped by a company.

2) USPS brokerage fees are small, while couriers charge a mint for brokerage fees. I paid $28 tax and brokerage fees on a $36 item shipped through Fedex. USPS would have been about $6 or less.

3) Seems like stuff shipped with courriers clears customs a bit quicker, but of course you pay way more in brokerage.

4) Gotta be patient. It is not likely to be quick, but it does make it eventually.

There is a shipping receiving place just across the border here called Ship Happens. They offer a service for $5/package where I give their address with my name and US items are shipped to them. They email me and I go across the border, pay them $5 and bring the item across the border myself. I live close so this is great. Often get free/cheaper shipping because it is within the states and I get it quicker. Don't know if you have something there in Toronto.

Randy

Guest Anonymous

I just got the tracking number, sub should be here this week. Feb 10th.

Turned on the Ev DX 38...says system is lcoked...time to read the manual. I also downloaded the Race program.