KPT684 Arrived today. Wife gonna Freak, its huge. LOL

Guest Anonymous

Can you open one of the user settings? (U01, U02....) If not, to go into full edit mode... connect it to your PC and go into the RACE program.

Click on "new project" fill in or get past the initial splash screen

Make sure that the "Setup" tab is clicked....I think this is default for new projects

Double click on the floating DX38

Click on "NAME-Program XX"

Left column "Mode", click full edit

I have NO idea if you can do this outside the software and if so, how.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this for music with your Belles? Or for HT? It should be fantastic for music but 34 Hz isn't very low for movie LFE, is it?

I know what the specs are for this and I'm not surebut the cinema line is spec'd like that and the cinema line speakers go lower than the specs. This is one of the most powerful subs I've heard. It is like a EuroTrash Disco in your home. That sucker has two 18 inch subs in a massive cab. It has deep powerful bass. Can't wait to hear what he has to say about it :)

Guest Anonymous

Quit your clicking and start your listening!

Then, see if you can get your camera to go wide angle enough to capture the ear to ear grin that's going to be plastered on your face!!

All i can do right now is stare at it...i dont have the amp yet...i found one but still trying to work out a deal with the guy. My motivation has increased dramatically....

Is this for music with your Belles? Or for HT? It should be fantastic for music but 34 Hz isn't very low for movie LFE, is it?

I know what the specs are for this and I'm not surebut the cinema line is spec'd like that and the cinema line speakers go lower than the specs. This is one of the most powerful subs I've heard. It is like a EuroTrash Disco in your home. That sucker has two 18 inch subs in a massive cab. It has deep powerful bass. Can't wait to hear what he has to say about it :)

The KPT-684 has output at 25 Hz, but output is falling off at 34 Hz. You can EQ more output down low, forcing it to play where it wasn't designed for, but it isn't going to put out 131 dB at 25 Hz. Get a Velodyne DD-18 and you can run the LF into the Velodyne and out into the KPTs amp at whatever frequency you want to and you will have all frequencies covered down to 13 Hz.

By the way, how did the wife like it? [;)]

Roger

Skip the CE2000, it doesn't have a good reliability history. If all you need is a power amp that produces some decent power, get a Behringer EP4000. Axe Music in Edmonton just shipped me one for $463 tax in with two sets of RCA>1/4" mono adapters.

http://www.axemusic.com/

If you want EQ built into a power amplifier, get an XTI 2000 and download the Crown HiQ software. Hook it up to your computer with a USB cable, and you can access the built in DSP.