Saw my old k-horns in a home video from 2002...

jdm56

...and I'm just sick about it. They looked so gorgeous, sitting there in their oiled oak glory! Makes me heart-sick. DANG, I wish I coulda kept them!! But to be honest, I just don't have a decent klipschorn room in this house. Dija ever do that...see an old video or picture with some of your long-gone used-to-be's...and just ache for them and want to kick yourself for ever letting them go? So what's your favorite speaker or other gear that you'd give your left pinky to get back? Mine is a pair of oiled oak / black grilled klipschorns w/ AK-3 x/o's from 1998.

• Moderators

Yes that brings back memories, a while back I ran across a pic from when we were just married and it was our first apartment 32 years ago. I was sitting on the floor playing an album, you could see a Sansui receiver with an Akai RTR and Yamaha turntable and some JBL speakers.

I would like to have the Sansui and Akai back, also feeling like I was 21 again would be great. [Y]

...and I'm just sick about it. They looked so gorgeous, sitting there in their oiled oak glory! Makes me heart-sick. DANG, I wish I coulda kept them!! But to be honest, I just don't have a decent klipschorn room in this house. Dija ever do that...see an old video or picture with some of your long-gone used-to-be's...and just ache for them and want to kick yourself for ever letting them go? So what's your favorite speaker or other gear that you'd give your left pinky to get back? Mine is a pair of oiled oak / black grilled klipschorns w/ AK-3 x/o's from 1998.

I had a pair of 1998 Oiled Oak Klipschorns as well, but I miss my 1969.5 Boss 302 More.

Roger

Not "audio gear," but I miss the MINT 1960's Gibson L-4C sunburst (got a decent price at the time, but it's now worth probably 4X that) and a Micro-Nikkor 5cm f:3.5 leica screw mount. Again, got a good price, but it's worth a ton more now.

When I bought my '98 klipschorns -brand spankin' new- the msrp was app. $5800/pr. I bought these right off the showroom floor, in Springfield, IL, for $3800. I kept them about six years, selling them in '04 for $3000. I thought that was a good, fair price but I see older ones today selling for that or more if they're in mint condition like mine were. And of course, if I ever have another pair [H], no telling what I'd have to pay for new ones. But...if we ever have a really good room for them again, look out! [:D]

I sold a 77 Corvette that I had for about 15 year back in '03. I completely restored/modified that car while I owned it, and won several trophies at the local car shows. The car is up for sale on Craigslist and I have already talked to the owner a couple of times about buying it back. I can't decide if it's just nostalgia making me want it back or if I really want it. After all, I did sell it once. Then there's that saying "if you love something, let it go..."