Integra 9.9 ?

smokarz

I have been using the DHC 9.9 for several years now and it has been flawless. Sound quality was good enough that I sold my Parasaound HALO C2 and use the Integra for 2 channel music as well. It has built in Audyssey and if you ever choose to go big time, you can use Audyssey Pro on the unit as well. I use Audyssey Pro and love it.

• 2 weeks later...

ran into a little problem with the integra 9.9....

i just notice that the sub is not working last night when i throw in a movie, been listening to music most of the times...

oit seems the sub got a signal from the processor (lights lit up), but no sound.

i check speaker set up to make sure sub is set to yes and fronts crossed at 60hz....

even doing an speaker sound test, not sound from sub.

the sub was working peferectly with the onkyo 805.

subwoofer preout dead maybe?

you might as well start a list of things to check, there are so many,,,,,,,the strangest thing I can tell you to check is a problem I ran into....the powered sub had a yellow light that meant it was in stand by mode, then when you turn on your HT, and the sub senses the HT, the yellow light would turn green, meaning that the sub was ready to accept HT LFE from the HT. Well, in this case, the yellow light never turned green, it seemed that the sensing circuit was somehow wired onto the power grind and needed to feel something that my surge protector was filtering out. I moved the HT and sub amp to the same receptical on my power strip and the problem was resolved. back to the onkyo world there are settings for LFE on and off, settings for crossover frequency, settings for levels, settings for stereo mode vs an x.1 mode which is needed to send program thru the LFE. And yes, there is a difference between LFE and sub out. Get your manual out for everything and pretend you don't know anything and start from scratch. btw, I have the NR-1000 which I think is pretty close to the 9.9

the sub is connected directly to the AC outlet.........i did look over the manual.

i am wondering if there's any set up for XLR vs RCA preout.

the 9.9 has sub preout both for RCA and XLR, and since i am using RCA instead of XLR, do i need to change any settings....didn't see anything in the manual.

You can try using the XLR output for the sub if you think the RCA out is bad. Also, you can go into settings and select 'double bass' if it is not greyed out. Do that until you get it working so that no matter what, the sub always plays a part of the sound. I would run the crossover on the 9.9 to 125Hz for testing to ensure some signal.

Please let us know how it is going and I will try to help. I have a 9.9 and have not run into any problems like that. As the previous poster suggested, turn your sub to "on" vs. to standby with sensing circuit.