Renewed Appreciation of the "Lesser" Klipsch...

SilverSport

Having many different Klipsch speakers to choose from (like many here) I am right now getting a renewed appreciation of my first new Klipsch speakers (bought new in 1990)...a pair of kg2s in Oiled Oak with Bob and Michael Crites' Titanium tweeter upgrade...these little kg2s are singing Diana Krall from an Outlaw RR2150 and a Cambridge Audio Azur 640Cv2...very nice sound...crisp and clean highs and enough bass...honestly, I only find some of these smaller Klipsch to be "bass shy" when directly comparing them to some that have plenty of bass (Quartets, Chorus II or Klipschorns)...the little klipsch gillum squared do not disappoint...

Bill

Bill,

You are spot on with your assessment. The KG2's rock with an unexpected amout of bass. Clermontcop had a pair with the Crites upgrades and I was floored the first time I heard them. I actually have (1) earlier model KG2(sealed cabinet) that Clermontcop gave me and string it out to my back porch while I am grilling. Neighbor walks over and expects to see a full tower setup but is surprised to see only the KG2 sitting on a chair tilted up a bit.

Great bookshelf speaker that if you get a chance to hear, you will be pleased what is coming out.

Bill

Bill,

You are spot on with your assessment. The KG2's rock with an unexpected amout of bass. Clermontcop had a pair with the Crites upgrades and I was floored the first time I heard them. I actually have (1) earlier model KG2(sealed cabinet) that Clermontcop gave me and string it out to my back porch while I am grilling. Neighbor walks over and expects to see a full tower setup but is surprised to see only the KG2 sitting on a chair tilted up a bit.

Great bookshelf speaker that if you get a chance to hear, you will be pleased what is coming out.

Bill

This set came from Clermontcop but I dont know if they had the Crites upgarde.

I am always amazed at what I see kg2s sell for in the used market...original Klipsch Gillum design so it has the Heritage, real wood veneer not vinyl clad (more Heritage [;)]...nice low bass reproduction when properly placed...(I know fini wanted me to write properly mounted...I just know it)...just a nice all around speaker...like so many other Klipsch speakers...

Bill

I agree ! I just recently hooked my grandaughter up with a pair of these and some Adcom gear ( all remote controlled ) for christmas and she just loves them. She is only 8 and just loves to come to my house and listen to old records as she has never seen them before.

offtopic.gif

I think that is one of the greatest gifts we can give, to pass this hobby of ours to the next generations.

I have a friend that brings his Grandson who is 5 or 6 years old now, over to watch movies on the 100" screen. But lately we've let him pick out albums, as I have a bunch of Children's albums, and he has a ball picking them out and then Listening to them. We don't talk during Movies or Music and he loves picking out different instruments and such. If we watch/listen to DVD's or CD's, he knows we can pause it to talk about it, but it took a while for him to get the fact that we can't pause records! LOL He and we have a great time!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programing.... imsorry.gif

Dennie

Guest Anonymous

Having many different Klipsch speakers to choose from (like many here) I am right now getting a renewed appreciation of my first new Klipsch speakers (bought new in 1990)...a pair of kg2s in Oiled Oak with Bob and Michael Crites' Titanium tweeter upgrade...these little kg2s are singing Diana Krall from an Outlaw RR2150 and a Cambridge Audio Azur 640Cv2...very nice sound...crisp and clean highs and enough bass...honestly, I only find some of these smaller Klipsch to be "bass shy" when directly comparing them to some that have plenty of bass (Quartets, Chorus II or Klipschorns)...the little klipsch gillum squared do not disappoint... Bill

like others here, i am also surprised at the pirce you can get these for. Also in Canada Klipsch seems to go for a premium.

I bought 3 pairs of KG2's from a guy for $225, The only thing i did was put new 10 inch passive in. Two of the KG2's has the flat passive in them.

Once i installed the new passive woofers, the bass was amazing in these. I used 6 KG2's with a Paradigm sub. they rock.

KG2's are awesome budget speakers.

I think that is one of the greatest gifts we can give, to pass this hobby of ours to the next generations.

I have a friend that brings his Grandson who is 5 or 6 years old now, over to watch movies on the 100" screen. But lately we've let him pick out albums, as I have a bunch of Children's albums, and he has a ball picking them out and then Listening to them. We don't talk during Movies or Music and he loves picking out different instruments and such. If we watch/listen to DVD's or CD's, he knows we can pause it to talk about it, but it took a while for him to get the fact that we can't pause records! LOL He and we have a great time!

Nice Segway Dennie. I like the part about Listening and then discussing, that is how we learn.

I agree ! I just recently hooked my grandaughter up with a pair of these and some Adcom gear ( all remote controlled ) for christmas and she just loves them. She is only 8 and just loves to come to my house and listen to old records as she has never seen them before.

offtopic.gif

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programing.... imsorry.gif

Dennie

I could not agree more Dennie. As they say "what goes around, comes around."