My Klipsch Thx 2 System Pictures!!

ryder

• Klipsch Employees

KA-1000 THX

B-gain = off

phase = 0 , set to ear later.. where the bass sounds best / loudest at your seat.

THX mode OFF

Level = max

Crossover = 80 Hz

Use the lever in your receiver to match volume to the mains

The 5.1 , 7.1, 9.2 all tell about how many channels are taken from the audio recording.

the system you have is 7.1 as your receiver (most likely) has only one SUB OUT.

You have 2 sub cabinets but they both get the same signal.

if you add another sub it does not add a channel in the system , only more cone area to move air.

...I have the same system.

My Mains are on top of my subs...no stands. Makes one hell of a tower.

My center is above my 65" DLP TV. I had it on the floor but like the sound better with it up.

Nice room!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't swap out RF-7s for the KL-650s in a dedicated HT room. If you want to listen to music as well, well then the RF-7s would be better.

You have a fantastic set-up as is and so long as you are dedicating it as a theater room, you are at or near the pinnacle of what most could hope to achieve. Timbre match your THX Ultra IIs all the way around, supply plenty of power and use a great processor, get your system balanced out and DON'T look back!!!

I wouldn't swap out RF-7s for the KL-650s in a dedicated HT room. If you want to listen to music as well, well then the RF-7s would be better.

You have a fantastic set-up as is and so long as you are dedicating it as a theater room, you are at or near the pinnacle of what most could hope to achieve. Timbre match your THX Ultra IIs all the way around, supply plenty of power and use a great processor, get your system balanced out and DON'T look back!!!

Only looking for opinion, but what "great processor" and "plenty of power" source would you use for the THX Ultra IIs?