Volti Cornscala

greg928gts

Thank you everyone.

I didn't take many pictures of the build process, just haven't had the time lately. Sorry. The bass sections are built with 1" Baltic Birch and the top sections are 3/4" and more or less permanently mounted. The top sections are open on the back (pic below). The bass sections do extend up into the upper riser to provide a bit more volume, which helped keep the cabinet size a bit smaller. I didn't use the space in the bottom riser because I felt it might screw up the porting with the opening from the cabinet to the bottom riser area.

Greg

post-11090-13819638428406_thumb.jpg

Nice craftsmanship. Love the brass screws. The only thing I don't like is that funky T2A auto-former. Anyone who springs for a pair of your speakers might as well go all out and replace the T2A with this.

I talked to Paul and sent him a schematic of the T2A and he provided that the zero was a direct replacement in terms of the DB changes per tap and number of taps. btw, they are about 6" in diameter.

post-22082-13819638693984_thumb.png

Guest David H

Nice craftsmanship. Love the brass screws. The only thing I don't like is that funky T2A auto-former. Anyone who springs for a pair of your speakers might as well go all out and replace the T2A with this. I talked to Paul and sent him a schematic of the T2A and he provided that the zero was a direct replacement in terms of the DB changes per tap and number of taps. btw, they are about 6" in diameter.

Johnny 5 has a set of those, nicely built, but would not have considered using them to replace the T2A.

Dave

Dave, I have a set also. Paul was correct about these being able to directly replace the T2A after he reviewed he T2A schematic. I turns out, the turns ratio used in the T2A is a very common winding ratio.