Inception

Youthman

His dead wife angle was a bit much. If she was so loving then why in his memory did she try and kill people all the time in his mind.

Moll was one of Cobb's "projections", which tend to be aggressive towards anyone who seems threatening or out of place, like the people on the street bumping into Ariadne in her first foray into "architecture", and the angry mobs seething toward the dream hotel in the opening sequence (projections subconsciously created by Saito - Ken Watanabe's character). The "Projection Moll" was not necessarily indicative of the real person, who - according to Arthur - was "lovely" (before being messed up by staying in limbo too long, then subsequently bringing the idea that Cobb planted in her mind back to reality).

You should really watch it again, and pay close attention to all of the incidental dialogue, which helps to set up the rules and ramifications of the subtle mental invasions. My favorite film of 2010 - story, audio quality, visual effects, and sheer inventiveness. There really isn't any other director working on the same level as Christopher Nolan right now... I can't wait for the next installment of his Batman series.

Actually, there is subtle LFE during the very first scenes in the japanese house/conference center building. You can hear a very low (maybe 21hz or so) tone, which comes and goes. I wondered wtf it was for a few seconds and then realised that it's the waves crashing outside.

• 3 weeks later...

-------More spoiler talk-------

So, you know how everyone thinks that the Top is his totem, but in the beginning he mentions that it’s actually Mal’s? Well, you see, if it’s not his totem, then it’s not going to properly work for him. Cobb’s totem is his WEDDING RING. Whenever he’s dreaming, he has a wedding ring on because, as he says, in his dreams, they’re still together. In reality, he’s not wearing a ring. During the last scene of the movie? He’s not wearing a ring. BAM, REALITY."

I just watched it again tonight with your interpretation in mind. I couldn't see his left hand at all in the last scene to determine if it is reality or not. What I did notice this time was that his kids are wearing the same outfits throughout the whole movie, including the last scene. To me that means he is still in a dream.

Might change my mind due to another detail perceived on the next viewing. I love this movie.

• Moderators

I couldn't see his left hand at all in the last scene to determine if it is reality or not.

Yeah, the second time I watched it, I could not see it either.

What I did notice this time was that his kids are wearing the same outfits throughout the whole movie, including the last scene. To me that means he is still in a dream.

But his dream is derived from his reality so are the kids wearing in his dream what they wore in his reality? Ooohhhh...the mystery thickens. LOL

I liked it so much I went out and bought the Hans Zimmer scored Soundtrack http://www.amazon.com/Inception-Music-Motion-Picture/dp/B003U9TDII

What about the ending?
repost from reddit

"So, you know how everyone thinks that the Top is his totem, but in the beginning he mentions that it’s actually Mal’s? Well, you see, if it’s not his totem, then it’s not going to properly work for him. Cobb’s totem is his WEDDING RING. Whenever he’s dreaming, he has a wedding ring on because, as he says, in his dreams, they’re still together. In reality, he’s not wearing a ring. During the last scene of the movie? He’s not wearing a ring. BAM, REALITY."

I never picked up on that, it explains alot. On a second thought whats up with Leonardo doing the twisted thrillers, such as Shutter Island was he really crazy or did they just convince him he was.

Nick

and yes the bass makes my sub fart, which I know isn't a good thing but I haven't had a chance to have it checked out yet. I have to go and watch this movie again thanks guys.

Has anyone scene Megamind yet? Hilarious movie, and awesome sound! I was just wondering if anyone noticed the modified Klipsch RF-84s and the RC-64 in the movie. There is a home theater system in one of the scenes, and it seems obvious that they used the reference series as a model and made some modifications. Check it out!

IMAG0069.jpg

I caught this in the Theater and shouted it out, my wife and kids got embarrased.

and yes the bass makes my sub fart, which I know isn't a good thing but I haven't had a chance to have it checked out yet. I have to go and watch this movie again thanks guys.

The dreaded sub fart. Definitely not a good thing, most likely the sub bottoming out. Your sub is telling you that he needs a companion.

Its a sealed unit, I would have thought that a 18" would have been plenty big enough, I guess not how about 2 15s, . I thought I always read it was hard to really set up 2 subs properly. I don't know. thanks for the heads up, now back to our original program.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting. Just finished watching Inception; then this thread catches my eye.

Saw it the first time in the theater; I liked it but I can't say I understood it. Things were much clearer this time.

I can't say that the soundtrack jumped out at me. Maybe the $10-on-sale-at-Target DVD is a poor transfer? Maybe I just wasn't paying attention?

My Spousal Unit and I were driving through New Mexico a couple years back. Wound up in some small town, and had to detour through some side-streets before joining up with the highway again. Seemed like there'd been an earthquake on Main Street. Buidings ruined, cars upside-down...

...Nope, just a set for the movie "Book of Ely."

Couldn't wait to see that movie. When it was over, I actually apologized to the couple we went with. Woof. What a disappointment.

• Moderators

I can't say that the soundtrack jumped out at me...When it was over, I actually apologized to the couple we went with. Woof. What a disappointment.

I guess my movie standards are lower than yours are. LOL [:D]