Sony HD Tuner XDRF1HD; nice

USNRET

I have trouble receiving ANY FM (or AM for that matter) on any of the tuners I have. While awaiting word to send one of the Sansui tuners in for alignment and check out, I bought one of the discontinued Sony tuners. I have not compared 'sound' with the other tuners since I can't get a signal to lock long enough to evaluate but I will say this; the Sony can sure pull in a station like no other I have.

I have a new outdoor antenna on the way, a Magnum Dynalab ST-2, that may help matters (mounting is difficult at best, rental with no good way to run coax) so I'll give that a try but in the mean time I wish that I had ordered about 4 or 5 of these (one for each room system) before they were discontinued.

Does anyone have one or more they want to sell?

Yes, I have one I will sell. I only used it for about a week. It is as new with all original box, packaging, etc. If you go on AudioKarma and search there are a couple of guys modding these and for another $250 or so you can have an improved and supposedly audiophile tuner. I was going to go that route but the bottom line is that I need a good outdoor or attic antenna and I just don't want to get into that. I use Sirius radio most of the time, and so although the tuner is nice, I would sell it. Please email me if interested and we can get down to the specifics, pics, etc.

I've had the mods done on mine and it's just incredible. One of the mods is a switch to turn the HD off and convert back to a standard signal. It's nice when you get a fringe station and the reception switches from standard to HD. It sounds like a record skip till you flip the switch. The other mods work just as well. You don't really need the fan mod. Just get some longer legs or some type of spacer so more air can get under it.

I've had the mods done on mine and it's just incredible. One of the mods is a switch to turn the HD off and convert back to a standard signal. It's nice when you get a fringe station and the reception switches from standard to HD. It sounds like a record skip till you flip the switch. The other mods work just as well. You don't really need the fan mod. Just get some longer legs or some type of spacer so more air can get under it.

CECAA850,

What are all the mods you had done to yours? I have one of these tuners and I think it sounds pretty good as is but, I am sure there is room for improvement. So far I like the HD stations alot, Blues, and Jazz all day.

Jay

CECAA850,

What are all the mods you had done to yours? I have one of these tuners and I think it sounds pretty good as is but, I am sure there is room for improvement. So far I like the HD stations alot, Blues, and Jazz all day.

Jay

http://www.radioxtuners.com/

Vendor on eBay has 10 available.

I really enjoy mine but $369.75 each? Are they really that expensive new, or is this because of being discontinued? I paid $67.27 for a used one off Ebay last month.

Wow! I have no idea what the MSRP was, but I think you got the much better deal.

The Fry's in Webster (Houston 'burb) says they have one. Pick up only.

I love mine, and just ordered a TEAC HD radio with audio out to compare chipsets.

If you are nearby snag it for me!

CECAA850,

Jay

Jay, I had the taller feet installed, the forced analog switch (highly recomended) and the treble correction and output filter mod.

I really enjoy mine but $369.75 each? Are they really that expensive new, or is this because of being discontinued? I paid $67.27 for a used one off Ebay last month.

Wow! I have no idea what the MSRP was, but I think you got the much better deal.

I think MSRP was $99.00, maybe $109.00 tops.

The Fry's in Webster (Houston 'burb) says they have one. Pick up only.

I love mine, and just ordered a TEAC HD radio with audio out to compare chipsets.

If you are nearby snag it for me!
Sorry, but I'm up by San Marcos.

I see the MSRP was only a little over $100. Some serious price gouging on eBay! Looks like a great tuner, I'd like to try one myself... I'll have to wait till a used one pops up.