Best Match for RC-62II

Toxic_Sound

I'm not the authority on this subject at all. I know very little about timbre matching. Just thought I would pass on the info that klipsch emailed me. The rep from klipsch name is Robert land. Feel free to contact him yourself. Your comment saying that you disagree about them being matched is ridiculous. Keep your head in the sand if you want. Or man up... Email klipsch and then apologize to this forum for spreading false information.

now you are throwing robert under the train lol. not good

Lol If I called bose and said I have an rc-64ii. And ask do you think it will match your 901s? Do you think they would say no?Only using this example because I know we all know they don’t match.

• Moderators

Maybe Amy will pop in and confirm whether or not the RC-64ii is voice matched to the RF-83. Wink

I will, and it's not. [:)]

While I'm sure the speakers will sound great together, we did no such "voice matching" between the old Reference line and the new Reference line. I'll make sure customer service is aware.

• Moderators

Man Amy! Your eyes are everywhere! LOL

While I'm sure the speakers will sound great together, we did no such "voice matching" between the old Reference line and the new Reference line. I'll make sure customer service is aware.

Thanks for clarifying that. It would make sense that they would not be since they have different components. I personally wouldn't hesitate to match the two but that's just me. I don't have a critical ear so I probably couldn't tell that they weren't supposed to go together.

Copied mail from Amy.......

"Hi Jason,

I apologize for any confusion, and I will speak

with Robert. The answer is not easy, however,

because really, the speakers will sound fine when

used together. But the question if they were

specifically voiced to be an exact match by our

engineers, that answer is no. The current Ref line

was only voiced with other components from the

same line. But again, you can certainly use them

together with negligible difference.

Hope that helps,

Amy"..........

I'm posting this because I feel it is information potential buyers should have.

-----Original Message-----

• Moderators

I'm guessing Robert thought the question was more along the lines of "can you use them together," in which case he was correct. I have sent out clarification on this to our team, and I'm sure it won't happen again!

Hi Amy,

Thanks for passing the info along to your sales team. For clarification the question I asked Robert Land was " Is the rc 64ii "timbre" matched to the RF 83's? His answer was....... "The RC-64 II is timbre matched to the RF-83 as well as the RF-7 II. I would not expect any issues when pairing them up." ...... I only tell you this so you get a full understanding for what happened. I did not ask a generalized question about pairing. I specifically asked him about timbre matching. Thanks for your help again Amy.

Jason,

I think you should let it go and realize there is no real right or wrong here. I had an RC-62 originally with my RF-63's and it sounded great together and was a close match. I bought my RC-64 and my front soundstage became seamless. Many times a system will sound incredible to our ears until we hear something that sounds better, up to that point, we are usually content.

Let's all move on from this argument(friendly discussion) and enjoy our Klipsch.

Bill