Is analogue better?

Hello All,

I'm setting up a two channel system in my room and noticed on the Emotiva site that their preamps are analogue or digital to analogue converters. They claim that analogue has a better sound. I wanted to get some opinions on this issue. At one time everyone was going to digital. What is the real story?

Analog for music. Digital for movies. IMHO. YMMV. IIRC. ASAP. ROTFLMAO. TOTL. BOTL. TNT. AT&T. Y&T. ACDC. Cool

I got all those up utntil at&t...so I guess it's now a post count threrad....

I assume at&t is amazing teets and tweets...

Hope I don't kill the thread [H]

As an expirement, I switched my Onkyo cd player to an analogue connection on my receiver. The sound was much fuller, with better separation, more bass and cleaner midrange. The high end was less overbearing. I found this to be an advantage as Kliptch horn type speakers, in some cases, tend to stress the high end. This is why many prefer tubes-it mellows the sound. Just MHO.

I guess that Your original question is about DACs. Your CD player has better DAC than receiver, thus better sound. If you have a nice external DAC or one integrated in preamp then it might be worth running digital form the media source.

Funny i recently was looking into buying sand hourlgass gizmo to keep on my desk. Shame they are not so accurate.

Also funny, i saw a few Office-US seasons and not a single episode of original Office with Gervais.