Integra line or any recomendations

The Dude

I was have recently been looking at the Integra line for a pre/pro for my HT I have a Emotiva 5 channel amp,. I have also been looking at Rotel, I know there is a big discussion on here for the Emotiva pre/pro but seems to me there is some kinks to work out.. Couple of issues I am looking at is thx certified, and hdmi pass through, I only have 1 source that isn't hdmi but I don't want to have to run another cable through the wall. Any Ideas.

thanks

I was have recently been looking at the Integra line for a pre/pro for my HT. I have a Emotiva 5 channel amp. I have also been looking at Rotel, I know there is a big discussion on here for the Emotiva pre/pro but seems to me there is some kinks to work out.. Couple of issues I am looking at is thx certified, and hdmi pass through, I only have 1 source that isn't hdmi but I don't want to have to run another cable through the wall. Any Ideas.

I use an Onkyo PR-SC886 that I''ve owned for about two years now - which I would recommend to anyone, except now HDMI 1.4 is out there. This Onkyo model is the exactly the same internals as the Integra DHC 9.9. I haven't been keeping up with the recent Integra/Onkyo models, but there is a reason why: I'm a pretty satisfied customer. I paid $1200(US) new (factory refurbished -- basically it was new firmware load). If you bought the unit with Integra's name on it, you would have paid $2K+.

Why haven't I kept up with new models? Everything works as it should with what I've got, and almost all the options that I can think of are built-in. It is also easily upgradeable to the full version of Audyssey Pro (which I don't really need - I've got external instrumentation that I use for that purpose).

I wish that I could say something negative to you about the unit - I can't think of anything other than the cheap plastic S/PDIF connectors that break very easily (the same story for every such connector that I've seen).

Maybe it's better for you to ask questions. Please look at my profile for equipment that I connect to the AVP. The XLR cables are a really BIG PLUS in terms of freedom from A/C power 60/120 Hz noise. I use balanced XLR cables for connection to my active crossovers (EV Dx38s) and my amplifiers (Crown D-75As and XTi-1000s).

Chris

Cask

thanks for the input, how did you go about getting a refurb model, also the dhc9.9 can be had nos for about 1000. Course its all most 2 years old. What is Audyssey Pro and what external instrumentation do you have that takes place of it.

Cecaa, I do own a older NAD reciever I just don't care for the sound, another forum member and a friend of mine on here has NAD everthing and hes does sound great, I only seen to find the master series came as just a pre/pro, but haven't looked futher. Also we need to have a chat about those IB subs, I think the first thing I need to do is figure which side of the room I want to plant my ht that will help me decide location and style for one. Anyways thats a hole nother descusion and time.

Thanks guys.

I would 2nd looking into the Onkyo Professional models over the Integra, they are very similar almost identical to the Integra's, but I like the styling of the Onkyo's having many controls concealed behind a swing down door rather than all the exposed buttons on the front panel. Also the Onkyo's have "Pure" mode and the Integra doesn't. I don't know about all but I know at least in the earlier versions the Onkyo's actually were slightly more expensive than their Integra twins. Having looked at both I preferred the Onkyo, I own the PR-SC885P and I am very happy with it.

Here is a link to Onkyo's Professional line of processors (all the previous now discontinued models). You can find excellent deals on these used.

http://www.onkyopro.com/prod_class.cfm?class=Preamplifier&m=all

The current model is the PR-SC5508P

http://www.onkyopro.com/prod_class.cfm?class=Preamplifier

I have been looking at the onkyo line, now I am thinking I might wait for the 3d ready stuff since I want to go that route down the road.

thanks for all the input guys I at least know what to look for in a reciever.

Nick