Heresey Help needed!

I think if you have some good local help, anybody with the bare minimum of electrical and hifi knowledge, you could quickly sort this out, and from reading the whole thread I have some concern that without that help some type of accident is likely. Your receiver shutting down sounds to me like some kind of protection circuit is operating, and you don't really want to repeatedly rely on it saving you from more serious trouble.

Things I think need checking;

AC wiring to all devices, and the outlets and household circuits being used. Verify all in good condition with no overloads.

Check each device on its own for proper operation.

I will add that to me; you still have too much hooked up.

I would disconnect the tape deck and whatever else is connected to the receiver. (CD player; etc).

Connect an FM antannea and see it you get reception. Is there a buzz/ humm with the speakers connected; playing FM?

If it is one side; swap speakers as mentioned. If the problem moves to the other side (same channel/ different speaker) it is the amp.

If FM works fine with no issues; try a peripheal. (CD player; etc).

If the tape deck causes an issue at the "tape in" jack, try the cd player there. In the same way; you are eliminating possible causes.

(If both cd player and deck give an issue on "tape in" RCA jacks; your RCA jack is hosed for that connection..... (As menttioned; may in fact be the case).

Good Luck.

Does Nak still use RCA jacks that are made from two pieces? They are/were very fragile. It might well be dangerous to your ears and speakers if they are cutting in and out, so check them visually first.

As to Monster type interconnects with the tight plugs, after the '89 Quake I came home to find my components hanging from the cables. A 7.2 quake easily threw the components off the shelves, but since the cables went from component to component by passing behind the shelves, the wires were not going anywhere, since no amount of shaking, hurling, pulling or hanging were going to make those Monster RCA plugs let go!

I finally decided to try switching out the Nak deck for the old Denon AGAIN. The Denon still flies and the system is running. Now I just have to figure out what's wrong with the Nak. Oh and thanks to ragingbullwinkle I need to buy tubes, Khorns, LaScalas, 3 more Heresy II. And maybe a Mac 2300. That will get me started. LMAO

Many thanks to everyone for their help and patience

Mark

It sounds like your Nak deck could have internal grounding issues affected by heat, perhaps in the electronics, maybe in the power supply in the deck. It seems to be time for the deck to go to the shop for repairs... and not to the ones you have already had bad experiences with. Good luck!

This story makes me cringe at the dishonesty, no outright fraud by those repair shops. I would report them to every government and private consumer agency I could find. I used to be a federal agent. It was my job to dig up evidence and organize it in a clear concise form. So I'm very good at letter writing and would nail those ba######.