How much this Scala worths?

Arash

Hi

One of my friends has a pair of scala that the boxes are changed to sth like cornwalls... all the parts are ok and they sound very good like my original scala

he wants to sell them... they are 1988 model

how much in your opinion they worth?

here are the photos:

Posted Image and Posted Image

also he has a pair of Technics SB-M4 speakers 1986 model features link

photo: Posted Image

how much this speaker worths? are they good to use beside my own scala? (considering scala bass-shyness)

Scala???????? Never heard of them nor has the internet that I can find.

as I said my friend has replaced the boxes with new MDF boxes and he prefered to make new boxes like this (not scala original shape)... this used to be a scala but now it more looks like a cornwall... considering this how much?

tnx for reply

so he took the parts out of a lascala and built a box like a cornwall. think we call that a cornscala

yeah... so so... like something Bob created

the k-400 horn is no longer in the new boxes... instead a smaller one (like cornwalls horn) is placed

how much do you think this speaker worths?

Well the only thing I can say is your ears will have to tell you what they are worth.

yes you're right... I have myself a pair of Scala... My friend's scala (coronscala) sounds like my own original scala...

he wants to sell them for 450 US$... I want to buy them and rebuild scala original boxes... what's your idea?

Do NOT click on the pics, they redirect you to some arabic site. I don't know if it is innocent or spam.

what are you saying?

virus?

what the hell?

I'm from Iran (Iranian language is written with same Arabic alphabet) ... what you saw is one of the biggest Iranian Upload center... nothing else

i just uploaded photo there

Well if its a La Scala in a Cornwall box the crossover would have needed to be changed some. The horn is different, looks interesting.

I didnt see a port in the front... if no front. Id be hard pressed to believe it was ported/designed correctly. Id pass and look to build a CS1.5 or find some real la scala's. Bad imitations you definitly do not want.

My opinion would be "what is the value of the drivers/horns on the used market"

I'd not reward your friend for butchering the original cabinets unless they were already trashed somehow. Then, it's a question of what's it worth to you. Since you seem inclined to make some LaScala cabinets, I'd suggest that these cabinets are near worthless to you.

What drivers and crossovers are in it ?

Dave

It has alll the parts a scala has except K-400 horn which are replace with a hand-made smaller horn... the parts are as following:

2 X K-33 woofers in good condition

2 X K-55 mid range drivers in good condition

2 X k-77 tweeters in good condition

2 X crossovers (I don't know which model) in good condition

2 X hand-made wooden horn using for mid-range drivers

except the hand-made horn the other parts worth 450$... aint it?

My opinion would be "what is the value of the drivers/horns on the used market"

I'd not reward your friend for butchering the original cabinets unless they were already trashed somehow. Then, it's a question of what's it worth to you. Since you seem inclined to make some LaScala cabinets, I'd suggest that these cabinets are near worthless to you.

as I'm from Iran and considering that just there is one pair of scala in Iran which is mine that I almost broke my neck to buy them through India (and this pair my friend changed the boxes) I think its a good opportunity to buy them and make new original boxes to have a new scala....

you're right cabinets are worthless for me but if I manage to make original boxes for the parts that I got them for just 450$ then I Have a pair of scala plus a empty these two empty boxes... Do you think these boxes can be used to make some Bass speaker?

The price seems fair to me about what you wou

yeah... I think If there were parts with no boxes then 450$ was a good.... I can use the parts in new Scala boxes which I'm gonna build and use this odd boxes to create somehting else

as I'm from Iran . . .

Hello arash,

Where are you located now?

If you're in Iran, the existing modified speakers are much more valuable to you than if you've moved "from Iran" to the US. Your opportunities to get intact La Scalas would be greater in the US.

as I'm from Iran . . .

Hello arash,

Where are you located now?

If you're in Iran, the existing modified speakers are much more valuable to you than if you've moved "from Iran" to the US. Your opportunities to get intact La Scalas would be greater in the US.

yes... you're a hundred percent right... buy you consider that "there is no other Klipsch speaker ever in Iran" ... My LS and this modified LS which is for my friend are the only Klipsch speakers in Iran (no mention PC speakers and earphone and etc...)... keep this in mind I think it worths for 450$ and cost some money to build new LS boxes and make it alive again... ...

you know what, there are a group of DIYers in Iran who love sound... love Lamp Amps... love horny sound... they spend thuasends of $ to earn what they love but none of them has a Klipsch (LS, Klipschorn, Cornwall, belle ...)

I just have klipsch ... that's it

you can read the weblog of Iranian speaker and sound systems DIYers (translated to Eng. using google)