Low bass for Cornwalls

I understand the timbre difference, but I was hoping to fill what sounded like a gap down below with what the klf's were doing on there own, which was an overly bassy response. so far it's not working as hoped, but I need to fiddle with it more. adding a Sub would make things a bit easier for me... maybe listen to music on channel A and listen to movies on channel B

That is what I have done also I have two pair of fronts a and b, I run a RF-7II 7.1 system for my movies and have my cornwalls used for music and I also play music with both my RF-7II'S & Cornwalls on at the same time I definately dont have issue with the base but a sub helps fill in the lower end with some of the newer stuff.

That is what I have done also I have two pair of fronts a and b, I run a RF-7II 7.1 system for my movies and have my cornwalls used for music and I also play music with both my RF-7II'S & Cornwalls on at the same time I definately dont have issue with the base but a sub helps fill in the lower end with some of the newer stuff.

Thank you sir... I knew that it should work for the most part. right now what I am suffering from is a bit of harshness. I played with the settign and brought bass somewhat back up to acceptable levels but there seems to be more adjusting needed. the combo has good definition, but at low volumes there seems to be something amiss. at hgier volumes everything comes alive. I tried listening in A, in B, and in A/B... the cornwalls by themselves are very very clean but lack some punch or value... almost like the effiency is gone or non existent. the B cicuit with the KLF's are much punchier but have less range, specially highs. together they fill out slightly, but something is not perfect... I need to keep working on it, mixing it down.

I just ordered a set of crites 125's... I am hoping this will take the edge off the highs.

I think the easy fix for me would be a sub...

As others have stated, the best way to maximize the bass output is to put the cornwalls in corners............with a hard floor, and no carpeting. Hard floor - soft ceiling, this is what you want. If you have them wired in phase and their are no issues with the crossovers or woofers...........then synergy with upstream equipment is all you have left.

It would be well worth it to open the speakers to inspect drivers and crossover.

looked inside... everything looks really good, but i have not used a fluke to test anything. placement might have a bit to do with it.

yes, both speakers are running of the same amp currently, different channels.

5873085900_f3b0668868_z.jpg

update for my particular situation...

I deleted all my programed pre sets/settings on the amp and everything seems to be all hunky dory now. there must have been something done when I used the auto set up/microphone that caused my system to play strangly for my room.

So Mark1101,

Would you post a photo of what you call a "soft ceiling"? Please lay on your back for the shot. [:D]

Got to love this guy. He has a beautiful walk out basement/man-cave but he will not finish the ceiling 'cause the room sounds too good as is. A man after my own Irish heart. The boy does what ever it takes to excell with his system.

Girls don't even NEED to go down there unless they are audio players. The sound is not for the weak of heart.

If it is clean and accrurate, SPL's are "the more the better" for me. The only thing for me that says "turn it down" is distortion. Well, me the old reflex Slammer was stunned to see (on the meters) and hear what 35wpc did to the MCM Grand system. And yes boys and girls, that gear was.......... indoors.

OK. I have driffed away from giving Mark a hard time about his "soft ceiling". Cut me some slack if you will. I am old, it's 10:20 central and time for bed.

And then again, I could warm up the tubes. Mix a Martini and listen to some hard metal. LOUD Yep, thats the ticket, never mind what I said before.

PS Edit: Tubes are warming.........Ya know, I don't ever remember anyone saying that CW's were lacking in LF with two channel music. Perhaps in HT yes.

I "get" the tube action here, they are superb amplifiers. but I dont get the exclusion of SS as it were the plague.Reading Bob Crites interview about SS and klipsch horn loaded was reassuring.

I "get" the tube action here, they are superb amplifiers. but I dont get the exclusion of SS as it were the plague.Reading Bob Crites interview about SS and klipsch horn loaded was reassuring.

Schu,

No SS exclusion in my camp. I use two 600wpc SS mono blocks for the bottom, and two sweet little 100wpc SS mono blocks for the top end. Yes, I like head room.

My tubes are in front. Tube preamp and tube buffered CDP.

tc

Shot this short video now that the system seems to be working better... things still need to eb put into position, but sound is finnaly close. I need some fine tweaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twfSVk2aOXE

After getting the sound dialed in much better, I really am not sure I want a subwoofer. the system rocks the house, the only way I need a sub is for ultra low frequencies.