Home Theatre Mods

JasonJCarney

Could always try a different paint formula...but something tells me you don't like to paint![:P]

I will try to find the exact ratio's to the formula I used. I remember the ingredients, but not quite sure on the amount of each. It included Polycrylic, Behr Premium Ultra Pure Flat White and 3 tubes of reflective craft paint from Michael's. My only regret was not taking pictures of the before and after because the differences between the above forumula and what I used prior (which i believe was Behr Silverscreen) were startling.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Thx for the offer but I was able to score a monster hdp 2500 for under $100 so I went that route. I think I will be going the screen direction next. Monoprice is calling. This picture is of an rc 3 I tried out. Sounds very nice. Obviously not up to the rc64ii standards but better than the rc52ii I had previous. You can also see that the trim from around my screen is off. I took it off to repaint my screen. 2 seperate tries and it's still not right. That's why Im going for a screen next.

1311587987.jpg

My new used side surrounds. I was going to go with rb51ii's or rb61ii's but I scored these Polks for $40 so I'm giving them a chance. They sound great so far. You can see how the bookshelf speakers vs floor standers have allowed me to slide my couch against the back wall thus giving the 63's room to breath.

1311577976.jpg

1311571098.jpg

What a fantastic looking center channel there![Y]

And boy those surrounds look menacing!

I was just skimming this post looking at the photos and not reading the copy and......

On the first page, it shows you unboxing the 2 subs and placing them on the floor underneath the screen-the next post photo shows all the sheetrock torn off the walls!!!!

I had to go back and read the copy to see that it wasn't the subs that removed the sheetrock???? I was ready to go out and buy myself a pair!!!

It was like one of those flip books that show a progression of events-

Anyway=my little humor for the day

RF7 Comparisons to my RF63's

1312303394.jpg

Here is a screen on shot but I' not taking them out of the plastic cause Im never gonna use them

1312303379.jpg

Just some size comparison shots. You can see how much deeper the RF63's are which didnt work the best in my room.

1312303275.jpg

1312303289.jpg

The height difference is here but that dimension doesnt reallt play into my setup

1312303301.jpg

1312303312.jpg

One of the forum members sent me a deposit to hold them for a couple weeks till he could pick them up. It's actually been 3 weeks and still no further response. You think maybe he just wanted to give me $100 for kicks? Lol I marked them sold when the check cleared. I'm sure he b in contact at some point.

One of the forum members sent me a deposit to hold them for a couple weeks till he could pick them up. It's actually been 3 weeks and still no further response. You think maybe he just wanted to give me $100 for kicks? Lol I marked them sold when the check cleared. I'm sure he b in contact at some point.

Lmao i can’t imagine having awesome speakers just waiting
for me and not doing anything. He’s a stronger man then me. I just order my
first SACD cd (pink Floyd dark side of the moon) can’t wait to try it out. It’s
really hard for me to listen to cds in just 2 channel. I’m too spoiled now with
digital 5.1. So im excited to hear how a 5.1 SACD will sound in my set up(The Wall
is coming out in feb2012). By the way still waiting for your review on the
rf-7ii.