Survey

DPonder

Does anyone else carry on about stereo stuff and the people your around all day think your crazy for spending that kind of money on a "stereo"? Some people just don't understand.

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300

ABSOLUTELY!! A friend of mine was selling his RB-5s, in perfect condition, for a very good price. I called my sister, all excited, to tell her she needed to listen to these. She yawned -- said something about getting some Bose 'cause they are so "nice and small." YIKES!

My wife didn't want to tell people I was going to Hope to tour a speaker factory -- she was concerned what the neighbors would think.

To me it's no stranger than someone going to Cooperstown, NY for baseball, or spending money on season tickets for a sport they like.

This guy that I work with thinks that all Hi-Fi sounds the same. There is no amount of reasoning will change some people. This is a hobby that I have had since highschool. I am still working on my ultimate system, but I too question my sanity about spending money on it and I do not have a WAF to contend with. Only just recently has the quest for great sound reared it head. I have surpress that desire for the last 10 years.

Bill J.

Not nice Mr. Blorry....hehehe. I guess I must be the most abnormal person since I am one of those "wives". I DO get it and I am proud of it! biggrin.gif And what is wrong with going to meet a genius and seeing how it all got started. I think that is perfectly normal. Of course my co-workers think I am a lunatic. Oh well. That's life. We all have different passions!

------------------

The token female for the Klipsch Fan Club Tour 2001

I never talk about my passion unless asked,& that is very very rare. Even then I hold back , because I usually see a look of boredom come over their faces.

Those who know what I have & what I do blame my so - called insanity on loud music. They figure that's what must have scrambled my brains.

My wife has grown accustomed to the UPS truck pulling up to the door. But! when I mentioned to her that I might go to Hope , she too decided that my banana plugs must be loose.

Q.

Why is it...

if you tell them you spent $125,000 on a Porche Carrerra 4 Cabriolet they go "Ohhh, Coooooolllll...."

if you tell them you spent $500 on a Big Bertha ERC II Titanium Driver they go "Ohhh, Coooooolllll...."

if you tell them you spent $300,000 on a Fountain 47 Lightning they go "Ohhh, Coooooolllll...."

but if you tell them you spent $2,500 on a pair of speakers they go "WHAT? DUDE, are you CRAZY? For THAT kind of money they better !!!"

I find that most individuals are kind of interested to a point. But it really does not matter what the subject is. When you start talking in acronyms or unfamiliar language, people just stop listening. Lets face it, when you are passionate about a technical subject you start talking another language pretty quickly.

With just a few exceptions, when I talk about any of the things I am interesting in, be it stereo, HT, computers, data communications you always get the deer in the headlights look. That is unless the individual thinks they can leverage your knowledge to fix one of their problems. wink.gif

Mike.

To bad we can't all have "official meetings" with our little support group here. I am so proud to be part of this BB...tears are rolling down my face just thinking about life without KLIPSCH. I Love You Guys

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300

Sorry Mystery Guest--

I was out of line. I should stick to the subject at hand.

When I told my buddy at work that I had traded in my $300 center speaker for a $550 center, his reaction was typical and classic.

Whut? you did whut?

Center speaker?

Whut you need that fer anyway?

Don' you got one on either side right now?

That's stupid, man!

$500 is two month's payment on mah BOAT!

..and you need your boat for...? That's what I thought. I don't dare tell him that I'm gonna upgrade my KLF20s for a pair of 30s.

...unless I remind him that he just sunk about two grand into a new motor for his BOAT!

All of us have to remember that only a selected few can appreciate what we of this B.B. consider to be sane. It has taken me awhile to "break in the wife" with my love of clean sound. But, now that I have "forced" her to listen to the differences between a good system and a system that consists of common day garbage, she to can enjoy the clarity of a well desinged system that we, of this B.B., can only appreciate. I think we have to remember that most people are more wrapped up in the daily struggles of life and that most the enthusiasts of this B.B. have the luxury of obtaining our preferred setups. These people fail to realize what it is that we can so easily appreciate. So, don't be bothered by those of which who can't be as understanding of what we consider a necessity, for they are too narrow minded to give us the benefit of the doubt. If you come across these individuals don't mock them, simply smile and revel in the ideas of what you consider to be beneficial to your needs. They may not understand our appreciation, but if you do who cares?