Engineer Jim and the MCM(1900)

HDBRbuilder

The MCM1900 systems were NOT hung at the Hollywood Bowl. The Hollywood Bowl, itself, had purchased a large hanging JBL speaker array that would have units hanging all along a structure above the stage on an installed mounting. The JBL array was complicated and nowhere near completion but the movie people needed a system set up for their shooting time...and the dates and music had already been announced and set, so they gave Klipsch a holler...and that is what started the ball rolling for the story...the cabinets were finished and shipped without the metal trim installed, and the trim was sent out afterwards with the Klipsch workers who flew there to install the trim and set up the system.

I have no idea if the JBL speaker array which was undergoing installation at the time was ever completed, tho...but it CERTAINLY wasn't completed in time for the weekend of concerts filmed for the movie.

BTW...I'm BACKKKKKKKKK! DIDYA MISS ME?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

BTW...I'm BACKKKKKKKKK! DIDYA MISS ME?

Yes, I looked back at the date 3 times thinking I was reading a different older page !

Glad to hear from you. [Y]

What was that pic i found, have any idea, I don't even know where I found it ?