Logitech 1100

JasonJCarney

I have the 900 and love it! I went with it over the One because it has the red green blue yellow buttons. I use those all the time when interfacing with my DVR. Also, the 900 has RF and the One does not.

And I agree, love the traditional style handheld vs the tablet.

So besides the ps3 adapter is there anything else I would need to buy with the 1100? I am trying to get an idea of how much it is all going to cost before I take the plunge. This is what I have to control: Comcast box, Onkyo, Emotiva amp, Epson 8500ub projector. It would be nice if I could use just 1 remote instead of 3.

I suggest that you go to Harmony site and create an account; you can test drive the remote to see if you can use it with your stuff. One thing I do not know is that since it is an RF remote do you have to buy the RF to IR converter. I can not tell by the site specs if this remote does both RF and IR.

I have the Logitech Harmony 700 and I also think it's great except that when I press "Watch a Movie," I have to be standing off to one side of the room. This is because the PJ is behind the seats and the electronics tower is to the left. Same with the "All Off" button. It's just a matter of getting the remote to hit all of the devices. Based on where your devices are located (I think yours are all behind the listener though) you could experience similar issues.

While not nearly as fancy with the touch screen, etc., your Onkyo's remote is a learning/programmable remote that can be setup to control all of your devices, according to Onkyo's website. If you don't need RF capability and it works, it would save a hefty chunk of coin.

I used the 1100 for a while, and while it had its good points...I just didn't dig the touchscreen. It was easy to program and use with my equipment. (Minus the PS3), but it did work with the Oppo. (Only needed the PS3 for games) Mine has the RF system too. I'm trying to sell the whole system if you are interested...

Hey Jason you can also get a Sony RM-AV3100 off of ebay for pretty cheap. I have one and I love it....have had it for years and its still going strong. It is a bigger remote....but its touch screen and can control up to 18 devices....now since it is an older remote the codes didn't work so I had to program everything in....luckily it is a learning remote...so i programmed everything in using my original remotes....and put my originals away. You can do macros as well but its similar to the logitech remote in that you have to have it aimed towards your equipment or it will miss something....but this thing is powerful! The IR beam shoots a pretty good distance. So I love mines....and its a cheap way to get a learning remote that has a ton of features.....I also have a Logitech 890 up front (The Sony is in the mancave controlling everything from LED lighting to my XM radio) and since its all setup on the computer it is a little more polished not to mention the built in help feature which helps you out if something doesn't turn on.....but that was the only thing I hated....I had to use my computer....any complicated universal learning remote is going to involve trial and error but at least with the Sony I could change stuff right then....with the Logitech I had to keep my laptop nearby...but thats just me nitpicking....once it was setup it was great! So if the Onkyo remote you have doesn't do the trick then check out the Sony.....or if you want newer then check out the Logitechs.....I was also looking at the 1100 to replace my 890 just bc I'm used to the bulky touch screen remote....will probably give the 890 to my parents.....