Holy Palladium Batman!

shake777

JB, I'm afraid I'll get tarred and feathered for the location they are in now if I present a photo. However, I'm not really that much of a care what others think kind of guy and I'll get something up for you before too, too long. My "excuse" for the mess is that we have a leak in our new home's basement so we can't finish it. Oh yeah, I have another "excuse", I'm too busy listening. I'll have to wait till next year after a huge snowfall to find out if they really fixed the leak or not. I certainly won't make you all wait that long for a photo. In fact, I think its a great idea to post Palladium system photos. There have to be some absolutely gorgeous ones out there but I've never seen a photo. I bought the espresso. I really wanted natural but the price was right and the gentleman I bought from on Audiogon agreed that natural was the way to go and the price reflected that. I got them just broken in for $4150.00. I had to pay $3k for the 27 demo unit. I honestly think I could have gotten a better deal but the salesman out in Pennsylvania was a real straight shooter so I didn't mind paying. By the way thanks for all the good wishes from everyone. At this moment I'm in seventh heaven. I'm listening to Count Basie Meets Duke Ellington SACD and its picture perfect for stereo listening. With the Pals I also find I can enjoy my music better at lower volumes so that improves the WAF by miles. She deserves it with all she has put up with me and my avocation. Thanks to everyone to helping me get here through all my incessant questions and misunderstandings. More are on the way. Our local audio boutique almost talked me into B&W Diamonds but when it came down to it the Klipsch Forums weighed heavily in my final decision. I really hope you, who are talented craftsman, designers, and engineers, will post some photos of your Palladium systems. Nic

wish i could spend that on a center but id surely be looking at spending more for a new house after the mrs would kick me out, certainly a uphill battle getting to where i am now...hows it compare to your previous speakers including center? (pretty sure you had a 64 and 83)

elite, Your comment is well appreciated. This economy has destroyed a lot of people and its not that long ago that I lived below the poverty line. The difference in the speakers wasn't easy for me to absorb at first. I couldn't hear it at the store. I reasoned that if they put that much time and effort into things it had to be better and I would notice it when I got them home. Here's an example, one day recently I went out of the house and nearly ran like blazes when I came back in because the voice coming from my center was so life like it was uncanny. I've heard other people talk about how great speakers sound like the real thing not from a speaker and that was just one example. Another difference is (really a similar kind of comment) is the music sounds very organic and alive. The highs and lows are extended and the mids are "where we live" according to Paul Klipsch. A member of the NY Audiophiles who has a system to die for told me something similar about Klipsch. I have to tell you I was very happy with my 64 and 83. I went through some real serious consideration until finally I decided I may never have this chance again. Its also my only hobby except that I have to go on a trip with my wife now and then because that's her love. I know it sounds odd that "I have to go" but I'm a real home body. My system is a tremendous joy to me and those are the main reasons I could justify such a purchase as modest as it is by some standards. Hope that helps you to get the sense of my experience. Nic

Shake777, I am the same view. It took me along time with a so so system before I moved into exploring quality gear. When I did I finally 'got it', and I was hooked. My system is in my top three joys in life. That does make the decision to spend a seemingly sizeable sum much easier, but it is a wonderful thing in life to enjoy.

Just got my P27, and P37s last week and all I can say is, "good grief, these are great". Now I'm looking for some P-39s. or P17s. I've never listened to a speaker that would be suitable for HT in stereo until I heard the 37s.

Awesome man! [H]

Enjoy...Post some pics when you can...

Just got my P27, and P37s last week and all I can say is, "good grief, these are great". Now I'm looking for some P-39s. or P17s. I've never listened to a speaker that would be suitable for HT in stereo until I heard the 37s.

I was fortunate enough to audition them...I would say, it was one of 'the' best experience auditioning speakers...Very nice!

Enjoy!

Congrats! Maybe someday I will be financially able to get these; or Jubes; etc.....

For now; I LOVE what I have...... I am VERY fortunate; because even with my system, I experience more than 80% of the people out there.......

You are one of the few who are experiencing even better than I. Kudos to you! When can I come over? [:D]

Congrats on the system!

pite, Thanks, I am really astonished by them. I don't want to overstate things but that's how it is. The bass extension is incredible. I'm a huge sub junkie and I often don't use them lately. The sound in the midrange is so alive. I would say its the all around detail is what impresses me most. They do have power and to take a stab at a joke they get me emotional. Thanks, Nic

• 11 months later...

Pretty much my dream system, except if I'm going to go all out, I'd have to go with the 39s. If things work out the way I'm hoping, I'll be able to afford something like this in about 5 years. A long ways off I know, but no way I can justify (or afford) spending that kind of money right now.

• 4 months later...

hey guys, ole Roost is kinda new to the ht thing, I just dont watch much tv, but i"m not new to high fidelity music. My question may be dumb but here goes. I"m currently talking with a doctor who has a set of mid 90"s khorns he hasnt used in years, they look brand new though and I think I can get em really cheap. Will these work in a ht setup as good as these palladium"s, what are the big differences other than size. I was gonna get them anyway and hook em to my Mac 7150 with a Mac MX 113 pre. Then I got to reading here all the ht stuff and started thinking maybe going that route with the khorns. All my amps are 2-channel so I would need to get up to speed in that dept also. I"ve been collecting gear for years just never got into the ht stuff, so i"m trying to learn. Some of my nicer amps.....Mac 7150, Pioneer sx-1250, pioneer sx-1050 and 1080, onkyo m-5030 integra super servo with all the matching components, and most all the smaller pioneer sx 50 and 80 series. I am assuming none of this stuff is good for ht, thanks, Roost