I have done it.

m00n

I don't know how I managed so don't bother to ask but, I somehow got my wife so sick of all this home theater stuff that she now has a hands off aproach. She doesn't want know anything about anything I do, she does not to know how much I spend, she does not want me to make a mess. She just does not care anymore. I told her that I would be picking some stuff up on Friday, she I don't care, I don't want to hear about it.

What does that sound like? Sounds like a green light to me. hehe. YA BAYBEE! cwm4.gif

------------------

the m00n system

Should have my R3 system replaced with R7 this weekends>

FRONTS: RF-3II

CENTER: RC-3II

SURROUND: RS-3II

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 04-30-2002 at 09:46 PM

Moon...

Word to the wise: Instead of grabbin that next home theater purchase, adn coming home and tellin her "Guess what I just got?...yadda yadda yadda"...try this:

Come home with nothing and say "Baby, guess what I just got?...reservations for us at a nice secluded cabin for this coming weekend. You have been so understanding of this passion for my hobby, I just wanted to show you I have even more passion for you because of it"

Works every time!!!

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

HDBRbuilder

Ya, actually I have been thinking along those lines myself. I guess what I was getting at though is that if I want something new, I don't have to worry about her blowing her top. cwm1.gif

Na it's not like I am going to spend every cent I have on HT gear.

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Exactly. I would do something for her first to make her a little happier and then go buy. I agree if you don't spend every dime you have. My fiance sometimes actually likes the nice stuff I get for HT because when she is pissed she likes to crank her music on it. But then again at other times she doesn't. But she got her ring so she can't ***** about the money. Now all I have to get her is a puppy and I'm set.cwm20.gif

------------------

I like my bass like I like my women, deep and tight.

I don't know moon sounds dangerous. you know how those women tend to say the opposite of what they mean. usually the shortness or way it's said is a good indicator. usually that's all we got to go on. Wink.gif

my girl hasn't even noticed most of the upgrades i've made lately & i don't tell her. tends to notice new speakers but that allignment hasn't changed for about 6 mos. she notices the sound changes though subconsciously i'm almost sure. Smile.gif

hey this could be the new klipsch promise keepers thread. Biggrin.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Well, my wife has put up with a lot from me. I'm a computer software engineer, so I spend a lot of time studying new stuff and upgrading my PC's all the time. And I play lots of online games. However, don't play as much as I used to. So in some since, she has become used to my geeky ways.

I honestly think this is bitter sweet for her. I think she hated the initial price, but at the same time, I think she likes the sound. Of course she will deny it to her deathbed.

I only have a couple of other things I want.

1) A speaker for a rear channel

2) An amp to push that rear channel

3) About 4 transducers to mount to my floor joists

4) An amp to push those transducers.

I could combine 2 and 4 into one purchase I suppose if I got the Harman Kardon PA 4000. I could have 2 channels at 100 watts, 4 at 45 watts. I don't know much about transducers, but I would think 45 watts would be enough to push transducers. Hmm, will have to check it out.

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

I think HDBRbuilder is on to something, mOOn!

When you get to the secluded cabin make sure you have a bottle of champagne and a nice beautifully wrapped gift for her. Something like several pairs of expensive interconnects,some of those with the nice shiny gold plating, ya know?

Keith

TTK,

That's hilarious. Exactly what my wife would expect from me. A gift for her that's absolutely perfect....for me.

-Scott

------------------

KG-4 Fronts

RC-3 Center

Klipsch Quintet Surrounds

DIY Sub based on Adire Audio Shiva Woofer

Sony DB830

quote:

Originally posted by j-malotky:

Moon

Here is another idea - Have her pick out the furniture etc. for your new home theatre. Let her add her touches to the room to make it hers too.

JM

Funny you should mention furniture. One of the reasons we had extra money is because we can not seem to ever decide on anything when it comes to the house. New furniture, paint color, nothing. She wants to paint the house based on the color of our couch. A couch which is about 15 years old. Needs to be replaced. Cat claw scratches. I love her dearly but she can be so *** backwards at times. I mean who in their sane mind would base the color of a living room on old furniture that you know your going to replace anyway? DUH!cwm13.gif

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Moon,

I hear ya!!! Last fall a woman I know dropped over 50,000 bucks into her living room area in a house she had just bought (for 250,000 bucks!!!)to have it match two rather expensive matched pieces(a couch and a chair that aren't even comfortable!!!) just because the "decorator" she had hired agreed with her that the woodwork and rest of the "treatment" he had sketched-up (in order to suck every penny he could out of her in this endeavor)could be done to match those two monstrosities!!!

At least she got quality woodwork done, cause I did it...but if she ever changes out those two pieces (and she eventually will!!!), the entire room will have to be re-done again!!! INCLUDING different finish on the damned woodwork, most likely!!!

Is alot better to coordinate a room to some nice k-horns...at least they will be there awhile!!!...LOL!

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

quote:

Originally posted by cluless:

Moon...paint is cheap.

Ya but my time aint.

cwm1.gif

------------------

the m00n system