Garage Sale Find....

Boxx

I visited a neighborhood garage sale yesterday. Under a table, behind some quilts, I saw a box that had a big Mc showing on its side. Upon closer examination I found it to be a box containing a McIntosh L 74 cabinet. This cabinet had never been used, had all of the original packing and the seller wanted the crazy high amount of $25.00 for it. I frowned and then offered him $15 and he took it. What a banner day it was......

DSC_0021-1.jpg?t=1313947972

I've been looking for a reasonably priced L 74 for some time for my C2200....

DSC_0020-1.jpg?t=1313947879

It turned out to be a very nice fit....

DSC_0019-1.jpg?t=1313947884

The cabinet is mint....

This was the end of an excellent day in the neighborhood.... lol... Boxx

So you managed to screw an old widow out of a couple of hundred bucks? The audio version of "American Pickers" has a good candidate for host.

Honest, just pulling your leg.

I ran into a garage sale where a gentleman was trying to get rid of a "pile of crap" left by a former employee who owed him money. For $350 I loaded up a pair of Cornwalls, Adcom 5500 amp and preamp, pair of Klipsch KG 4.5's and a bose surround system. Everybody left happy.

• Moderators

Well with a find like that you are " the most interesting man in the world", it looks great !

What are the odds of finding that cabinet new in the box at a garage sale and and having the equipment to go in it ? [:o]

Well with a find like that you are " the most interesting man in the world", it looks great !

What are the odds of finding that cabinet new in the box at a garage sale and and having the equipment to go in it ? Surprise

Every now and then we get some good luck... Now, if I could only find a nice cabinet for my Mc 202 amp... Perhaps the local church bazaar.... lol....

• Moderators

Every now and then we get some good luck... Now, if I could only find a nice cabinet for my Mc 202 amp... Perhaps the local church bazaar.... lol....

If you do be sure to stop on the way home and buy a lottery ticket. [Y]