Jub-Like Drone Build (Jubilee)

Tom, they are getting pretty heavy but I haven't weighed them yet. The nice thing, with the carpet on the table top (Old RR Engineers desk 4' x 8') it makes it very easy to slide them and flip them upright. I assembled them on the rolling cart then transferred them to the table to finish them up.

Fritz, great idea, we were just checking for fit with the spacers. You are right, the connectors will be a breeze to get to and also the bolts as you suggested. Like I said, I need you guys to keep me straight.

Seti, I can't tell you the pleasure I have gone through building these. Just wish I could spend more time with them as I am having to jump between three projects. Hopefully we will make some sound this weekend. Really looking forward to that.

Thanks for everyone's support it really makes it a fun project,

W. C.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little details that take a lot of time. I added additional bracing around the top edge of the doghouse to give additional support to the top and give me something to screw to. Also, if you notice in the above pictures, I also added additional horizontal bracing to support and stiffen all of the interior panels. There are a total of eighteen in each cabinet. We also rounded the edges on each one to minimize any restrictions in the mouth of the horns. If nothing else, it will be a nice place to store nick-nacks.....

post-57654-13819684299586_thumb.jpg

If anyone is interested, I have written a 16 page assembly document in Word and I would be glad to email it to anyone that is interested. Call it my Christmas present to you.....! Hopefully it will save you some grief and some skin. I can attach it to an email but can not send it through this site. My email address is: heli001@aol.com

I will put your email address in my Jub-Like Build Group and send you any further information as it pertains to this build. If you do not want to be included, please let me know. If you don't mind, please give me a name to associate with the email address, as I do not know everyone's name, other than the screen name you use here.

Gonna make some sound this afternoon.........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone on the Forum, this has been a particularily GREAT year for me; I hope it has been as equally good for all of you. We (Me and the Dogs) hope that everyone has a very enjoyable Holiday week!

Thanks for your interest,

W. C.

Neil,

Thanks for the kind words and it gave me an opportunity to "bump" this so that everyone could get a chance to let me know if they want the file. It is hard to compete with the "Right This Minute" crowd in the "Active" forum updates. So many post get overlooked because of it and why does it take up three slots everytime someone makes a new post? Just my Christmas Eve B!tch.......[:P]

Neil and Everyone,

It's 3:45 AM....I reworked the document and am pretty sure that I got the kinks worked out. I have resent it to everyone that has requested it so far. Please let me know if it works this time.

No sounds from the Jubs yesterday, but we are ready to go this morniing. Will have some pictures up around noon.

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope Santa is as good to you all as he was to me.....! Please have a safe and Happy Holiday week,

W. C.

Guest David H

I reworked the document and am pretty sure that I got the kinks worked out.

I just took a quick look at these plans, and I have to say they are amazing.

W.C. - You did an incredible job on the plans as well as your Jubs, not sure which you get more props for.

Dave

I lied...so badley it isn't even funny.....! After getting all of the drivers installed and hooked up, siliconing the bottoms, gasketing the tops and getting the animal from the table to the dolly, my BACK is paying the price....! No sound today, sorry, but I am just about imobile...! the top brace appears to be off but it is actually the opening in the top for the hatch cover. it needs some additional trimming and I will do it when the Plexiglass arrives Wednesday. For now, I will use a solid cover plate on top of the hatch opening.

Speakers K-31's and K-12's installed, this will be the Reference cabinet, we'll call it "A"

post-57654-13819684359512_thumb.jpg

Those damn Budweiser cans keep popping up..........yes, my condensing unit is inside my shop, it stays around 70 in the summertime and saves me about 100 a month in electricity. There is a vent that takes the hot air from the fan out through a louver that I removed when it started getting chilly.

post-57654-13819684364602_thumb.jpg

Pretty, isn't it? Yes the WADCO stain is still there as it will eventually be covered up with veneer, a whole new build thread. I plan to play some music through these in the morning while installing the drivers and passive in the second cabinet, "B". For information only, I siliconed the bottom and installed 3/16" weatherstripping under the top for easy removal. it will eventually be siliconed also when the plexiglass is installed. Not pretty but functional, at thsi point. I have to do a little further trimming on the hatch opening as the top side is a bit off. See previous picture.

Again, if you want a copy of the Build Sequence document, please email me. There are plenty left....[H]

post-57654-13819684371542_thumb.jpg

For testing, I am probably going to drive these with a SAE A 102 SS amp (100 Watt per channel). We have a lot of SAE gear and I personally think it is pretty good stuff and solid performers. I'm pretty sure that there will be enough headroom for just about anything in a two way configuration. We will save the QuickSilvers and the WAD 300B PP for later testing.

I reworked the document and am pretty sure that I got the kinks worked out.

I just took a quick look at these plans, and I have to say they are amazing.

W.C. - You did an incredible job on the plans as well as your Jubs, not sure which you get more props for.

Dave

Dave,

Coming from you, this is probably one of the best Christmas presents that I have ever received.....! Comments like that mean much more than tangible items. i truly appreciate your thoughts....!

Safe Holidays for EVERYONE....!

W. C.