Toe-in question

dad311

My system is setup in the family living room. This room is not perfect (as most are not) for speaker placement. My question is about speaker toe-in.

If I created a perfect triangle between my two front speakers (RF-63s) and any my chair, I would be setting in front of a door. Should I place more toe-in on one speaker than the other in order to to create a "sweet spot" at the right or left the the room?

thx!

Dang, I thought this was going to be a front end alignment thread.

Better get the camber right also. I have my Fortes angled upward slightly.

That would be caster actuallyStick out tongue.

OK OK Carl I knew that when I posted it that someone would get technical on me. If looking at them from the front or back then it could be camber.

The speakers in my last living room had negative camber, likely due to the concrete floor sagging over the decades. I inserted a 1/4" thick aluminum strip along the inner bottom edge of each speaker to make them stop leaning toward each other.

This place has flatter floors, in the living room anyway.

If I created a perfect triangle between my two front speakers (RF-63s) and any my chair, I would be setting in front of a door. Should I place more toe-in on one speaker than the other in order to to create a "sweet spot" at the right or left the the room?

Why not move one speaker sideways a bit, so the point of the triangle is not in the doorway?

With my setup, one speaker is about a yard from a side wall, but the room is open on the other side, so the nearest side wall is about 10 feet away from the other speaker. With the speakers toed in toward the listening position, the difference in side wall distances seems to have little or no effect on the sound.

As well, have you considered putting the speakers on another wall? I first had mine on the short north wall, but moved them to the west wall of the room and it gave me more room to move them apart.

The speakers in my last living room had negative camber, likely due to the concrete floor sagging over the decades. I inserted a 1/4" thick aluminum strip along the inner bottom edge of each speaker to make them stop leaning toward each other.

This place has flatter floors, in the living room anyway.

I have the same problem with my entertainment center/equipment stand. The floor isn't sagging (concrete) but I think they had a few too many cerveza's for lunch the day they poured it. Thank goodness for adjustable legs.