Chorus - Forte line

tfoust

Never auditioned a Chorus or Forte but forum postings indicate those that own them are happy with them. They seem to offer a way to put a Cornwall in a smaller foot print. I use my Heresy IIs with a sub and I am happy with the their peformance. It always seems to depend on the source material. Some of the music seems rather uninteresting and then some will make me feel like I've been transported to a jazz club or concert hall. Since Klipsch still offers Heresys and Cornwalls and do not offer Chorus or Forte it gives me pause to consider if I'm better off staying with what I have or migrating to Chorus or Forte. For those readers that know the difference what is your take on comparing Heresys with Chorus and Forte?

Chorus and fortes are much better than Heresies. The sound is bigger, the bass is full, the tractrix mids are great in the mark 2 versions, sounding more open and effortless. However, heresies with a properly dialed in sub are a nice set up.

I agree with everything said here. I currently own both as a matter of fact i just posted a video of both setups playing on the show off your 2 channel setup thread. Anyway i love the HII but I always head to my room to listen to the Forte II's.

Having owned Fortes for over 20 years and having heard Heresy and Chorus on many occasions I think the Fortes sound a lot like Heresy (at least Forte 1s), but much better bass. The Chorus takes all the pluses of the Fortes and just gives more of that goodness. I own both K-horns and La Scala, but would still love to get my hands on a pair of Chorus.

I own all three & find it to be a simple progression from Heresy-->Forte-->Chorus. If you can find a nice pair of Chorus II's for $600 or so and do the Crites upgrade, new crossover & tweeter diaphragms, I think you would be hard pressed to find a better sounding speaker for $1,000.

If you don't mind entertaining the subject a little longer - what do you think of a comparison of Cornwall to Chorus?

There are a crazy amount of threads about Chorus vs Cornwall. Do a search for that subject and you will get all kinds of opinions.

http://community.klipsch.com/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=Chorus+vs+Cornwall&o=Relevance&PageIndex=2

Many here on the forum in the Chorus camp and many in the Cornwall camp.

Bill