Check these Jubilees out.

Rudy81

I have a funny feeling that Klipsch will discontinue the Jub as it appears to be a complicated build.

I believe they are an easier build than the KHorns as the flare stays in the horizontal. Plus, Roy made a bunch of changes in the cut list when they built Travis', which I also think made it easier.

Bruce

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a funny feeling that Klipsch will discontinue the Jub as it appears to be a complicated build.

I believe they are an easier build than the KHorns as the flare stays in the horizontal. Plus, Roy made a bunch of changes in the cut list when they built Travis', which I also think made it easier.

Yep

The deal seems good, but I would be careful. We were told Valerie was provided 1 or 2 "working units" (Jubilee speakers). I saw only one in her house when I was there. We were not told if she was provided the build plans. I would guess she was not provided with the plans. If true, then only Klipsch has the real build plans.

Those "Jubs" could be reverse engineered versions and not have the exact dimensions. You just don't know and I would not trust the seller on this point. He's NUTS! You have to dig deeper. I would call Valerie and ask her personally how those came to be.

Again..........they are very pretty but if I was going to drop that kind of cash for Jubs I would ONLY buy them from Roy............unless I found a used pair that were built in the Hope factory.

Honestly, the way I am............the "pretty" factor means nothing to me. I wouldn't pay an extra dime for looks.

The deal seems good, but I would be careful. We were told Valerie was provided 1 or 2 "working units" (Jubilee speakers). I saw only one in her house when I was there. We were not told if she was provided the build plans. I would guess she was not provided with the plans. If true, then only Klipsch has the real build plans.

Those "Jubs" could be reverse engineered versions and not have the exact dimensions. You just don't know and I would not trust the seller on this point. He's NUTS! You have to dig deeper. I would call Valerie and ask her personally how those came to be.

Again..........they are very pretty but if I was going to drop that kind of cash for Jubs I would ONLY buy them from Roy............unless I found a used pair that were built in the Hope factory.

Honestly, the way I am............the "pretty" factor means nothing to me. I wouldn't pay an extra dime for looks.

These were built by the *edit* the guy who was thanked in the Jubilee AES paper by PWk and Roy. You can be sure she has plans among alot of early Klipsch papers. I don't doubt that these are correct. Now I wouldn't want to let Valerie know they are being sold. That is probably not a good idea lol.... We could get Colter to tell her ;)

I guess see where you are coming from. The new style Jubilee bass bin from the factory like Kudret and a few others have ordered are just stunning. I like the design of the new braces to stiff'n the cabinet. They just look so dam good.

Those are nice. People should know that if you want to enclose the 402 now you can buy the KPT-305 (which I own). All you need to do is replace the driver and you have a nice matching Klipsch box around your K402 horn............which looks very similar to that picture.

Roy made a bunch of changes in the cut list when they built Travis', which I also think made it easier.

Roy mentioned the increase in producibility ease and reduction in setup time - it was impressive. Plus the revised cut list has very substantial stiffeners. The new Jub bass bins are really nice.

If you don't have a pair, get some! If you haven't heard them before, go find someone that has a pair and listen!

(Otherwise, you don't know what you're missing.)

Chris

EDIT: Link is corrected above to Coytee-'s specifications.

Seti, I hear ya.........this is touchy stuff so I'll stop here. But I still stick to what I posted. IMHO the only real Jubs come from Roy. You can be sure of what you have. I want Klipsch badges and serial numbers on mine.

This makes some sense, but I thought this was PWK'S dream from what I recall and have read? Wasn't the Jub to be a 2 way system? Now lets dig deeper. These are owned by the person that did PWK'S biography, commisioned by his wife, built by someone who has been mentioned in his papers or his patents? This model never came to fruition to the general public except for a different version, so badges and serial numbers are not that important. The provenance is though, history will tell......