Joke

neo33

After seven years, I still don't get this joke:

A teacher gave her 3rd graders an english assignment of using the word auditorium in a sentence. One by one her students stood up and recited a sentence using the word. At the end was one little boy who was beside himself for he had not just a sentence, but wrote a poem using the word. And it went like this:

Little Cindy Brown

Had the tightest pants in town.

Once they were up

I couldn't get 'em down.

Auditorium.

Think about it - it'll come to you if you pronounce the word correctly.

The statement: "Think about it - it'll come to you if you pronounce the word correctly" was a hint by the person who gave this joke. I am pretty sure I pronounce "Auditorium" correctly (or in every twisted way I can think of) but no laugh comes out of it.

After seven years, I still don't get this joke: A teacher gave her 3rd graders an english assignment of using the word auditorium in a sentence. One by one her students stood up and recited a sentence using the word. At the end was one little boy who was beside himself for he had not just a sentence, but wrote a poem using the word. And it went like this: Little Cindy Brown Had the tightest pants in town. Once they were up I couldn't get 'em down. Auditorium. Think about it - it'll come to you if you pronounce the word correctly.

Is it Auditorium means "I oughtta tore 'em" ??

Sounds like the same idea...

SO, two women living on a farm had a few head of cattle. They decided that they need to get some more cattle so they thought about getting a Bull. Down the road from them another farmer is happening to sell a Bull. One of the women said they will go and talk with the farmer about buying the Bull and if it comes to pass, that she will send confirmation to come pick up the Bull with the truck and trailer. So the farmer decided that he would sell the Bull to them but they would have to pick it up. The farmer told the woman that it costs .99 cents per word to send the confirmation. The woman thought about it for a bit then said she would send the word "Comfortable". The farmer, with a puzzled look on his face, questioned "Comfortable"??? The woman replied, "Yes, see my companion is blonde, she will say the word numberous times, very slowly... Com for ta ble.

After seven years, I still don't get this joke: A teacher gave her 3rd graders an english assignment of using the word auditorium in a sentence. One by one her students stood up and recited a sentence using the word. At the end was one little boy who was beside himself for he had not just a sentence, but wrote a poem using the word. And it went like this: Little Cindy Brown Had the tightest pants in town. Once they were up I couldn't get 'em down. Auditorium. Think about it - it'll come to you if you pronounce the word correctly.

Is it Auditorium means "I oughtta tore 'em" ??

I did tore 'em?

The statement: "Think about it - it'll come to you if you pronounce the word correctly" was a hint by the person who gave this joke. I am pretty sure I pronounce "Auditorium" correctly (or in every twisted way I can think of) but no laugh comes out of it.

The reason is that it isn't all that funny. Odd how such things stick in the mind. A similar one I heard was that one of the members of the Algonquin Round Table challenged the others to use the word "horticulture" in a sentence. Dorothy Parker said "You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think."

Think about it, then don't laugh...

Dave