This is how good Klipsch's warranty is!!

nezff

On a side note, if my custom demo speakers sound good, I might be selling everything.

I know the status has changed several times of your dilemma. Am I correct to assume that they have offered to replace your existing speakers with a newer version of the peeling speakers at no charge?

Update:

I spoke again with a Klipsch rep this morning via phone. (Ryan) He said there was nothing they could do and the new ones would have to be my best bet. I still didnt understand why in the world I was told to wait six weeks for old ones. There had to be an explanation for that.

Ryan asked Nick. Nick told Ryan that he was possibly getting me cabinets from RF62s that had bad drivers, crossovers etc..

So, the latest is that I MIGHT be still getting old ones. IF not, I will get the new ones and sell them to a member.

The vinyl-peeling-issue happened to my original white RS-3s and was also evident in a pair of NOS black RS-3s I recently bought (and returned) off of eBay. In fact, it's a long story, but the peeling vinyl issue is what ultimately caused me to upgrade my old RF-3/RC-3/RS-3 system to the fifth-generation Reference system I have now.

Strangely enough, the RS-3IIs that I used to have did not have a vinyl-peeling-issue, so I figured that Klipsch had gotten their arms around whatever was causing the problem. Based on your experience, I guess that's not necessarily the case. :(

Sorry to hear about your issues nezff, I have talked to what could be the same person at Tech support that seemed rude and blunt. Anyhow, if you lived near me, I would trade you my RF62's for your new 62IIs, considering your using them for surrounds, I'd prefer the 62 v.1's as well. Although I think the 62II's ould make better mains, considering where the x-over is set. May not seem like much, but I can hear the difference. (1800Hz vs 1500Hz)

Ok, for the ones following this. I just got off the phone with Nick which was awesome by the way. He is trying to get rf62s from California that were left over from customer refusals due to carton damage and nothing wrong with the actual product.

well............

Only thing left is brand new RF52s. I would actually be downgrading, but since they are surrounds, It really doesnt matter that much. I might just keep these until they find something or not worry about it at all.

UNLESS... Someone wants to purchase brand new RF62ii in the box from me, then I will just get them.

• 1 month later...

wanted to let everyone know, that the RF62s are up for sale. I am offering the current ones which are the older RF62s for $350 considering slight cosmetic issues.

II can swap these out for BRAND NEW in the box RF62iis, which I would let go for $550 plus shipping. Please EMAIL me

nezff@hotmail.com