RC64i for $575 shipped or RC7 $500 shipped which one to do

jordan122345

If it makes any difference the RC64 us the older version not the newer version.I tried to so some searches for comparisons between the 2 with the RF7's as fronts and didnt find a whole lot.I would like to get an RC7 but with the pricing so close I thought it would be a close one.

If it makes any difference the RC64 us the older version not the newer version.I tried to so some searches for comparisons between the 2 with the RF7's as fronts and didnt find a whole lot.I would like to get an RC7 but with the pricing so close I thought it would be a close one.

OK, the RC-7 is still what you want as it matches the RF-7. The older RC-64 is a match for the RF-83, it is not a good match with the RF-7.

• Moderators

As other have mentioned, get an RC-7. Think of it this way. Ferarri designs a car from the ground up, every piece of the big picture is designed to work precisely with the other parts to make an amazing product. Even though Lamborghini makes an incredible product too, why would you want to put a Lamborghini part in a Ferarri? Ok...I know that analogy is somewhat flawed since the two cars are made by different manufacturers and you are considering two center speakers made by the same company. Nonetheless, the logic is there.

I've owned both the RC-7 and the RC-64. Both are fantastic centers. If you found an RC-64 for $200, I would be dumb not to recommend you buy it. In the case you have stated, you are spending more for the RC-64 to try and mate something that was never designed to be mated with the RF-7's.

Hope that analogy helps.

I do get it.but that RC7 is getting very hard to come by or at least from a seller that is willing to ship anyways.I am trying to get the one on ebay but it is always up to $515 plus shipping and it will go higher.I am still trying to work something out from the guy in lehigh acres, florida.

Youthman nailed it, the RC7 was meant for the RF7. My vote? RC7. Jason pointed out that this was a great price for the RC-64 and I agree, but it's not what you need for your set up, as he also stated. RC7 all the way, I almost said "Or nothing" but you need a center ;)

So lets see...in the last few weeks on ebay.

The previous RC-7s on ebay, one black one cherry, went for 315 and 335. Now, the latest two, both black, went for 640 and 770 before shipping.

What is going on? Are people not satisfied with the RC-64 II. I owned one for about 12 hours before taking it back, it can't hold a candle compared to an DeanG RC-7. I'm not sure where this demand is coming from. Thats just crazy, i mean 30 dollars less than what is sold for 10 years ago?