This is gonna be AWESOME!!

Dandoyen

I'm dying here.....................has he gotten home yet?Time

After reading this, I am now awaiting with some anticipation!

My guess is that that his father did come home and they are to excited to be playing around with those things to even bother with the forum right now.

I know that if I came home from work and walked into that, I would be thrilled! Esepcially if I've never even knew what was awaiting me at the house.

That is awesome (and how I thought about my own mother spazzing out after I got her an iPad.) I wish I could do something like that for my parents, but they just would not appreciate that. I actually did offer to install a surround sound system for them as a gift one Christmas and they were just not the least bit interested.

But, Wow! What an incredible gift there. I can't wait to see how this all ended up playing out. I can only imagine the how that guy must've felt when walking into that house after another hard day at work and being greeted by his son standing there with a $#!+-eating grin on his face with a pair of KHorns setup in that room!. [:o]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after all they have done for you

Exactly, my parents have never been anything but supportive, and my dad's my best friend. Parents off for the evening now so I can finally relay the story. This was hilarious. My dad usually comes home and always comes back to this room. Naturally, today is the one day he deviates from the routine. After greeting me, he sits in the living room to watch TV with us...AND THEN DOZES OFF! He came too and started reading threads (was logged in under my name), and came across mine! It took him a minute to register. Think it finally clicked when he saw me cracking up after he said "hey that room looks a lot like our back room" Well, the pictures tell the rest...[:D]

post-52175-138196839135_thumb.jpg

And FINALLY....IT'S GO TIME!! Came out swingin with the "sultans of swing" on a GREAT press. That little 18 WPC Scott is still blowing my mind. I'd never heard this pairing before but that little thing is a CHAMP! This look on his face was all I was ever waiting for. Captured it [:)] Tomorrow Should be a fun day!

post-52175-13819683919974_thumb.jpg

As a dad myself, I can tell you that what you have done surpasses all. This was an extremely thoughtful act which among other things shows appreciation of the great man who raised you. God bless you and your family on this VERY Merry Christmas.

All of us dad's are proud of you!

Tears of happiness....

Now, go and tell dad to get his own forum account so he can tell us all about those speakers!

Now we need the back story...how did you find the Khorns, what year are they, etc, etc.

I see Heresy in the house. Any others? How about you?

Back story fairly simple, was raised loving and lusting after that sound. I've been fortunate as of late and ordered him brand new 2011 Cherry Khorns, factory direct [:)]. The other speakers actually aren't Heresy, though they look like it. They're Epicure M100s.

As for my system? I go home to Jubilees...they arrived TODAY!! [:D] Coworker took shipment and expected damage. I trust his opinion and he gave the thumbs up, so this is a good holiday season all-around. I also have Heresy's in my system as surrounds.