OT: Alabama fans

Daddy Dee

Alabama sure has a proud tradition. Once we stayed the night in Tuscaloosa enroute to elsewhere. That night was some kind of Bear Bryant event in the stadium...anybody named after Bear Bryant in any way was welcome. They had like 30,000 at it!

Meanwhile, so far this year LSU has the win. Heh. (Go Tigers, etc., etc.)

LSU BABY!

How many times we gotta beat someone to get a Crystal FootBall?

LSU may have won the game but they didn't beat Alabama. Here's a picture of the interception call that cost Alabama the game. I hope Alabama plays this next game with the class, or lack thereof, that LSU displayed this year.

Lessee, Lsu may have won but didn't beat Alabama. Ok. Sure. Uh-huh. 9-6

BTW, that was an interception. I didn't think so either until I saw all the views. The Bama receiver lost control before any part of his body (other than his feet, of course) hit the ground.

It was a hard-fought, close game and Bama outplayed LSU in some categories. LSU outplayed BAMA in some other categories. It seemed that by the 4th q and OT, LSU defense was having its way, and to a lesser extent its offense. Curiously, Nick's coaching decisions down the stretch seemed to contribute as well. Anyway, I predict quite a bit more scoring by both teams but another close, hard-fought match. I hope both teams put on a show that deflects the disappointment many have voiced about the game being all-SEC.

While I agree with this matchup as the pairing of the best two teams in the country, I have some reservations. I think LSU could have "proven" more by playing Ok State. If LSU wins, they haven't done anything they didn't just do a few months ago. If Bama wins, they've only tied the series.

You cherry picked a photo for that interception. Several other angles prove that it was a good call.

Geaux Tigers!

Another interesting angle (well, it's interesting to those of us with a dog in the fight) is the matchup pits two AP Coach of the Year winners...Saban in '03 and Miles in '11.

I'm in a drawing for tickets. If I win them I'm not sure if I'll go or sell. [*-)]

Lessee, Lsu may have won but didn't beat Alabama. Ok. Sure. Uh-huh. 9-6

BTW, that was an interception. I didn't think so either until I saw all the views. The Bama receiver lost control before any part of his body (other than his feet, of course) hit the ground.

It was a hard-fought, close game and Bama outplayed LSU in some categories. LSU outplayed BAMA in some other categories. It seemed that by the 4th q and OT, LSU defense was having its way, and to a lesser extent its offense. Curiously, Nick's coaching decisions down the stretch seemed to contribute as well. Anyway, I predict quite a bit more scoring by both teams but another close, hard-fought match. I hope both teams put on a show that deflects the disappointment many have voiced about the game being all-SEC.

I would really like to see the view that convinced you that Williams lost control of the ball before any part of his body, excepting his feet of course, touched the ground. Please post that view here if you don't mind.

K.

In a quick search, I didn't find what I was looking for, but I know it was obvious to me and every Bama fan in the room the day of the game. So, point taken, I shouldn't smart off unless I'm willing to come up with it. I'm just not going to keep digging. Besides, we'll likely win a second time before I find it. [:o]

That game had several points that could have swung the game either way. It's a matter of perspective. But the main point of my post still stands. What do you guys claim if you win? Yippie! We split the season with LSU? And what do we claim if we win? I don't think it would change our standing with public opinion around the country. It would maybe convince some Alabama fans...unless,of course, they have the wrong perspective. LOL :)

It was the last of these slo-mo replays at the end of this You Tube clip...I certainly understand that one's leaning will color what one sees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQjPZRRDD64

BTW, it's just a game y'all. Game implies fun, so let's have some o' dat fun, mkay? Goofy as he seems sometimes, that's one reason I like Les Miles...he's like a kid and having fun.

In a quick search, I didn't find what I was looking for, but I know it was obvious to me and every Bama fan in the room the day of the game. So, point taken, I shouldn't smart off unless I'm willing to come up with it. I'm just not going to keep digging. Besides, we'll likely win a second time before I find it. Surprise

That game had several points that could have swung the game either way. It's a matter of perspective. But the main point of my post still stands. What do you guys claim if you win? Yippie! We split the season with LSU? And what do we claim if we win? I don't think it would change our standing with public opinion around the country. It would maybe convince some Alabama fans...unless,of course, they have the wrong perspective. LOL :)

You didn't find it because it does not exist. Perspective has nothing to do with it, the pictures show the reality of the play and there are a series of photos that can be found in less than a minute . I posted the first and last photos relevant to our discussion. The first photo clearly shows a player catching the ball with both hands. The second photo shows the receiver still has control of the ball although Reid is caught in the midst of wrestling the ball from Willaims hands, with the actual receiver's shoulders on the ground at the 1 yard line with 11 minutes to play in regulation.

It was a bad call that cost Alabama the game. I really enjoyed reading the article where Reid stated that he actually caught the ball and Williams wrestled the ball from his hands but because of Reid's great athletigism was able to wrestle the ball back. A class act for sure.

To answer your second paragraph, had the correct call been made LSU would be insignificant right now.

K.

Wow! LSU insignificant? Really? I don't think you could find any true fan of football to agree with you there. By that logic, I would think Bama insignificant after loosing at home and not playing for their division championsip? (I define loosing as the team with the lower score at the end of the game)

If that call had gone the other way, you have no way of knowing what course the game would have taken from there. I had several Alabama grads at my house for the game. We all have mutual respect for each other and each others teams after that game. We enjoyed civil fellowship over a "game".

Truely, Merry Christmas to you, and best of luck on Jan 9th. I'll revisit this thread then and we may all have a new "perspective".