Ok! You spend of thousands.

Wrench722

Since my living room fails the glide tone tests profusely and the insides of the walls and windows rattle A new house is in order.

Yes, if your house doesn't pass the glide test, you either need to get a new house or make the conveyor belt run faster.

While putting my room together, I did spend a lot of time researching acoustics materials and techniques and I spent a fair amount of money to add the correct ceiling tiles (2-1/2" thick black melamine foam) and sound-blocking membrane inside the walls. Dr. Who ran some curves on my room and it is flat within +-3db down to 13 Hz. Add the Klipsch Reference system into that environment and you've got paydirt! The room is VERY important, too! Best of luck. -Glenn

Just lay in the hot sun and roll a big fat one and grab you guitar n play.

I love that song...

On the other hand, I have been satisfied with my room, so Picky isn't the ONLY one who can claim that.

Of course, I did no testing (just recently was using an RTA from work, though). My room is pretty well damped. Carpet with a thick oriental rug on top. Book cases... With the RTA, the repsonse drops way off above 12k, but it still sounds soooo good to me. Considering all the gear you have, as others have said, work on the room.

Bruce

Try describing what you are hearing that you don't like, and let the forum know, what you want to hear and like. I have been through alot of mid fi, that was well regarded, in the past two years, upwards of 30 pieces. Some very suprising results......not only may it be your room, some of this stuff is generational...... think of the bass that turned your head, and annoyed you, when you pulled up to a stop light in your car. I am sure the people who enjoy this type of sound, would hate my systems and many others on this forum. To give you another example, I spoke with a gentlemen the other day about chip amps he had a bel canto unit, his second one infact, that did everything "right" he loved it but something was missing. Latter his friend brought over an inexpensive amp that was 1/10th the cost and after A-B ing, the friend said thats embarrassing, not only is it not worth 10X's the cost, it has no "soul". This hit the nail on the head for this particular gentlemen, he could just never figure it out, or put it into words. Good luck with your search, remember it's the fun part!!!!

Try describing what you are hearing that you don't like, and let the forum know, what you want to hear and like. I have been through alot of mid fi, that was well regarded, in the past two years, upwards of 30 pieces. Some very suprising results......not only may it be your room, some of this stuff is generational...... think of the bass that turned your head, and annoyed you, when you pulled up to a stop light in your car. I am sure the people who enjoy this type of sound, would hate my systems and many others on this forum. To give you another example, I spoke with a gentlemen the other day about chip amps he had a bel canto unit, his second one infact, that did everything "right" he loved it but something was missing. Latter his friend brought over an inexpensive amp that was 1/10th the cost and after A-B ing, the friend said thats embarrassing, not only is it not worth 10X's the cost, it has no "soul". This hit the nail on the head for this particular gentlemen, he could just never figure it out, or put it into words. Good luck with your search, remember it's the fun part!!!!

What I am missing is reality?