$800 to spend on a sub .Best bang for buck or keep my 2 RW-12D's

jordan122345

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chek out svsound, rythmik audio, HSU research, elemental designs, outlaw audio, emotiva just to name a few online brands im aware of. My assumption is that you are probably going to benefit fro a 15" that can dig deep. Some 12's can dig deep but a 15" may be the range that benefits you best. I am kind of looking as well right now, my budget is slightly higher but we are still probably trying to achieve the same thing.

I would also say that knowing its 90% for ht is important because music and ht have different requirements. HT typically needs that deeper bass extension than music does.

I would look for a SVS pb-12 plus 2. They're getting harder to find but man it is one hell of a sub. You can probably find one for around $700. I sold mine a few years back and regret it. If you can't find that I'd look for a used pb-13 ultra but that will cost you a little more. Good luck

I know you haven't shown the most patience lately with acquiring new gear ;) but I have RSW-15 paired with my RF7's and it's pretty amazing. Most importantly though is that it was made for these speakers specifically as best as I can tell. It may take you a year or two to track one down but I'm sure that you'd be happy with rw's until then, and what a great reward. But knowing your patience as I do, you'll probably pick up an svs or something next week :)

• Moderators

At 9:48PM you said...

I am trying to be more patient.So I will try to hold off for sure and wait to find a RSW-15.

At 10:26PM you said...

interesting 2 HSU VTF-15h just showed up locally for $700 each or $1300 for both.

You lasted longer than I thought you would. Hahaha. [:P]

I would look for a SVS pb-12 plus 2.

I actually went the opposite way, had a svs 12/2 and in my basement it preformed poorly, instead went to dual rw12ds, now ill be getting a ed a7-350 curious to see the results

That is the first time I have heard of someone not liking the SVS PB-12 +2. Did you have the 1000 watt amp? The one I had sounded incredible.

LOL I am trying to be more patient.So I will try to hold off for sure and wait to find a RSW-15.How about an RT-12D are those close to the RSW-15 or even a bit better potentially.

I have owned the RSW-12 and it sounded very good. I have heard the RSW-15 and it also sounded very good. However, neiter one even came close to the SVS pb-12+2. The SVS is a far better bang for your buck imo...that being said, if you found a good deal on an RSW, you will be happy with that as well.