Anyone interested in a high WAF Klipsch system?

cornfedksboy

Yeah I saw this a few days ago, looks pretty neat. I'd have to hear it, at that price you have lot's of options!

Edit: "For added impact, the Klipsch Console can also be used as a center channel and
subwoofer solution for more extensive home theater setups." Now that would be one awesome center channel!

I think that's slick and sick! Down to 21Hz with 2 12's 2 10's and 2 1.75 compression drivers; I bet that thing weighs a ton. Kinda what I have in mind for an old Magnavox console I picked up that has 2 15's and 2 horns. I want to do a little sleeper console that will kick when it's cranked up and people will just go no way.[:P]

Hate to be negative here but seems kinda lame to me at that price. $2500-$3500 sure but double that? Nope. Also not sure why you would want your center channel to have multiple tweeters and Subwoofers?

I agree that this certainly isn't for everyone, and even if I was in the market for something like this, I don't know that I'd be a buyer. My understanding, however, is that this would be a 2-channel stereo capable of pulling duty as a TV stand, 2-channel stereo, or a 2-Channel HT (something that is coming back in to vogue for living rooms). Really, this set-up is ideal for the wealthy audiophile who's wife isn't interested in having audiophile speakers in the "parlor." Beats the crap out of in-walls IMO.

As to the price, I'm not sure there is any bang for your buck here, but I can certainly see where you would be getting $2500 worth of speakers, $2500 worth of furniture, and how ever much it costs in R&D to keep that thing vibration free.

Hate to be negative here but seems kinda lame to me at that price. $2500-$3500 sure but double that?

This is meant to be a statement product, and really in that realm the price seems rather reasonable.

Imagine a pair of Heresies ($1700) backed by a KW-120 THX ($1500 + amplification), with a separate high end amplifier channel for each driver (say 4x $800 for some Wyred4Sound mono ICE amps rated for 250 watts each plus +$1500 for the Klipsch THX Sub amp). At this point, you're already at 7900, and you have yet to account for the modern preamp section and a finely finished American made cabinet to hold your electronics. If they can pull it off for 6 grand, and offer some other modern goodies like auto-calibration, that'd be pretty impressive to me.

Time will tell, but I wouldn't count it as a bad value just yet. The potential certainly exists for them to offer a compelling (if niche) product at that price. Besides, its still less expensive than some speaker wire, and the speaker wire is already included in the console!

I can imagine that.... But that product your describing is just that, imaginary.

Check again. It has two 10 inch woofers and two 1.75 inch tweeters from the Reference line and two 12 inch subs from the THX line. All six speakers have on-board amps and there is a pre-pro system in there to boot.

Yeah I know. RF 7ii tweets and cones.... Not Heresies as he wrote.

Since a pair of RF-7ii is $3200, does that really change the overall equation significantly in favor of saying that the console is a horrible value? I only said Heresies as its the closest thing Klipsch has to a premium bookshelf at the moment without going to the Palladium line.

Since a pair of RF-7ii is $3200, does that really change the overall equation significantly in favor of saying that the console is a horrible value? I only said Heresies as its the closest thing Klipsch has to a premium bookshelf at the moment without going to the Palladium line.

No, it doesn't change the equation significantly, but without someone complaining, where would we all be.[:P]

Guest Anonymous

Reading this thread, it got me to thinking. Why not take a vinatage console, which already has some history and character. Give it a complete overhaul, refinish it. new guts, modern receiver, and internal ipad, and find a set of Heresy II's for $400 with beat up cabinets...breed new life in the cabinet. Man, i think my wife would love that. Set it up so you could use it as a 2 Channel Stereo, or use it as a centre channel.

That just sounds good to me for some reason. Cane colored Grill cloth....hmmmm.

I just found about 10 console stereo's locally for less than $100. Some really cool old school stuff.