Topic changed from W&W to Wrong person paid.

USNRET

OUCH! Hope it wasn't too much money. You should try emailing the person the money went to and see if they will return it. At least this way you would know for sure, and they would know they have the money in PayPal in case they have some desperate need. The Lord works in mysterious ways, my friend!

I would like to see the thread title changed. [:(] That's up to you...

Make it a good day,

Craig

I would like to see the thread title changed.

OK

.. Wenches & Chambermaids..

Try sending an email to the incorrect addess and see if it goes through or bounces back. If the address isn't associated with a paypal account, paypal sends an email which basically says "hey, someone sent you money ..go here to setup an account and get it". If the e-mail address doesn't actually exist, then you're good to go and the funds transfer should never take place.

Otherwise, you should be able to file a claim with paypal indicating that a typo/error took place and that the money should be refunded.

I would like to see the thread title changed.

OK

.. Wenches & Chambermaids..

Try sending an email to the incorrect addess and see if it goes through or bounces back. If the address isn't associated with a paypal account, paypal sends an email which basically says "hey, someone sent you money ..go here to setup an account and get it". If the e-mail address doesn't actually exist, then you're good to go and the funds transfer should never take place.

Otherwise, you should be able to file a claim with paypal indicating that a typo/error took place and that the money should be refunded.

Thanks, we are workiing it.

I've been on the receiving end of mis-sent funds. It was a considerable ($3K+) amount too. I immediately emailed the sender to ask why. Turned out is was a simple mistake reversing a couple of letters in the email address. I did a refund and the sender was VERY grateful.

We still correspond from time to time. I think that's the day that his "faith in humanity" was restored.

Guest Anonymous

I've been on the receiving end of mis-sent funds. It was a considerable ($3K+) amount too. I immediately emailed the sender to ask why. Turned out is was a simple mistake reversing a couple of letters in the email address. I did a refund and the sender was VERY grateful.

We still correspond from time to time. I think that's the day that his "faith in humanity" was restored.

Nice.

Yeah, I'm sure this kind of thing happens all the time with paypal. They should be able to put a stop payment, or hold funds in order to get your money back. let us know....good luck.

I like happy endings. I had a KLF C7 show up at my home from a forum member that I sold something to and he used the same box to try and ship this speaker to someone else but my information was still on the box too. It all worked out and the speaker got to the right person.